PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
For quite some time I’ve wanted to get a Morta pipe, just didn’t find the look till now.

A few members, without their realization helped me get the ball rolling to jump now. @Chasing Embers amazing Tulip Morta, if you don’t know it, please show that beauty again Chasing! Next, @hoosierpipeguy recently mentioned Moretti pipes on eBay.

I’m grateful guys, for what you both share, show, teach and know, so thanks. :) ❤️

So, after drooling over Chashings Tulip Morta, I ran right over to eBay once I then read what Hoosier had to mention, and found this beauty I purchased on Christmas and opened today as my new New Year Pipe.

I want to give a shout out to Marco of a Moretti, what an amazing gentleman for all the help he gave me!

Long story short, I won the auction, purchased it, then later realized eBay was offering a discount if you used eBay through an app like an iPhone, or Android.

So Marco cancelled the order, put the auction back up as a ‘Buy Now’ and I made the purchase on my phone and saved some money. But I felt so bad for putting Marco through the hassle, but he was such an amazing gentleman through it all. Oh and this was going on from 1:00am to 5:00am my time, while sick, because I had to be up early beforehand to bid on the pipe.

What a night/wee morning that was! LOL ?

Marco you are amazing, and oh my gosh, the craftsmanship on this pipe is insane! And for all the Straight Grain lovers, well does Morta count too? LOL, because the grains on this thing are insane. I never knew you could get Morta pipes that looked liked this, it’s the first one I’ve ever seen with this type of straight grain orientation all the way around.

Moretti on eBay:

Five Stars for Marco & Moretti! ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐

No I haven’t smoked it yet, I’ve had a cold since December 23rd, so it might be a few more weeks till I can smoke again, but I will certainly give a smoke review on it. As such a fat, thick beefy pipe, I’m assuming it’s going to be one hell of a cool smoking pipe.

These are a few pics Marco took on eBay.

78CB7F6B-55E4-4C2C-94FD-C01A0D2563CE.jpeg

C4AAB5CA-8FC1-4D2E-835F-608FB4BCFEF9.jpeg

The pictures I took.

747F9982-4DDA-4722-A22A-D5969D33FD2E.jpeg

6F6E6F21-9EFA-4EA7-90A6-529550A97E9A.jpeg

792C306E-A4C0-4E17-AC80-8395362BDA82.jpeg

2D1D8FE3-1FD6-4860-8600-CF628C935BE5.jpeg

These are two pictures next to my other pipes, to give you a pipe comparison size idea.

A671325B-A5D5-4774-AD00-61F92E4A96B4.jpeg

39B28201-F2BD-4DF4-8458-7DC4BC4FF4AE.jpeg

Pipe Specs:

• Length: 5.2 in. | 132.08 mm
  • Weight: 92 grams
  • Bowl Height: 2.1 in. | 53.34 mm
  • Chamber Depth: 1.7 in. | 43.18 mm
  • Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in. | 20.32 mm
  • Outside Diameter: 2.1 in. | 53.34 mm
  • Stem Material: Acrylic
  • Filter: None
  • Shape: Freehand
  • Finish: Smooth
  • Material: Morta

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
For quite some time I’ve wanted to get a Morta pipe, just didn’t find the look till now.

A few members, without their realization helped me get the ball rolling to jump now. @Chasing Embers amazing Tulip Morta, if you don’t know it, please show that beauty again Chasing! Next, @hoosierpipeguy recently mentioned Moretti pipes on eBay.

I’m grateful guys, for what you both share, show, teach and know, so thanks. :) ❤️

So, after drooling over Chashings Tulip Morta, I ran right over to eBay once I then read what Hoosier had to mention, and found this beauty I purchased on Christmas and opened today as my new New Year Pipe.

I want to give a shout out to Marco of a Moretti, what an amazing gentleman for all the help he gave me!

Long story short, I won the auction, purchased it, then later realized eBay was offering a discount if you used eBay through an app like an iPhone, or Android.

So Marco cancelled the order, put the auction back up as a ‘Buy Now’ and I made the purchase on my phone and saved some money. But I felt so bad for putting Marco through the hassle, but he was such an amazing gentleman through it all. Oh and this was going on from 1:00am to 5:00am my time, while sick, because I had to be up early beforehand to bid on the pipe.

What a night/wee morning that was! LOL ?

Marco you are amazing, and oh my gosh, the craftsmanship on this pipe is insane! And for all the Straight Grain lovers, well does Morta count too? LOL, because the grains on this thing are insane. I never knew you could get Morta pipes that looked liked this, it’s the first one I’ve ever seen with this type of straight grain orientation all the way around.

Moretti on eBay:

Five Stars for Marco & Moretti! ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐

No I haven’t smoked it yet, I’ve had a cold since December 23rd, so it might be a few more weeks till I can smoke again, but I will certainly give a smoke review on it. As such a fat, thick beefy pipe, I’m assuming it’s going to be one hell of a cool smoking pipe.

These are a few pics Marco took on eBay.

View attachment 118523

View attachment 118524

The pictures I took.

View attachment 118525

View attachment 118533

View attachment 118534

View attachment 118535

These are two pictures next to my other pipes, to give you a pipe comparison size idea.

View attachment 118536

View attachment 118537

Pipe Specs:

• Length: 5.2 in. | 132.08 mm
  • Weight: 92 grams
  • Bowl Height: 2.1 in. | 53.34 mm
  • Chamber Depth: 1.7 in. | 43.18 mm
  • Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in. | 20.32 mm
  • Outside Diameter: 2.1 in. | 53.34 mm
  • Stem Material: Acrylic
  • Filter: None
  • Shape: Freehand
  • Finish: Smooth
  • Material: Morta
Congratulations on the great looking Morta! You are going to enjoy that one…

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I’m being pretty forgetful, still a little sick and foggy, I forgot to post a pic of myself with the pipe.

My ugly mug with the Moretti. LOL ?

Hey I think I have a phrase to be coined!

Improve your Mug with a Moretti! :sher:

View attachment 118543
Have you had a chance to talk to Marco? Really great gentleman and great to commission with.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Have you had a chance to talk to Marco? Really great gentleman and great to commission with.

I’ve only had back and forth communication messaging him on eBay, pretty much over my pipe, but I had a lot of chat from him, to see what a wonderful man he his. ❤️:)

I sent him a big hello and thanks again, and showed him the post here I made.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
He'll love that. He likes photos of his pipes being smoked.
I have like several hundred pipe photos for all my pipes, tabac, etc., in all their various Albums on my iPad, I took a screenshot of my Moretti album and sent it to Marco, and I asked if he would send me a pic of himself working, so I could add it to my collection.

I just wanted to show him, how I not only do this for my own love and enjoyment, but to honor all these great craftsmen too, like an Art Gallery of appreciation.

Call me a softy, I just love having a nice pipe photo album! LOL ?