PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with a small scoop of strawberry ice cream. I'm half way through the last (sadly) of my stash of Ken Byron Ventures Verg 21 in a straight smooth brown 1920s (Comoy’s) Lions Head 123 pot with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching While the Patient Slept. I got a much needed nap in before dinner, but nobody was killed in this house at the time. :)
Comoy’s_Lion's Head 123 pot.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A light lunch of a Vietnamese pork roll (Bahn mi) followed by mango.

The Australian mango sesson is a harbinger of summer to come. Growing up in SE Asia where we had at least a dozen varieties of mangoes to choose from, in my opinion the smooth fleshed and oh-so-sweet Australian Kensington Pride mango can't be beat for flavour.

A Pete afternoon, and in particular Bulldogs. A post-WW II silver-banded London made Pete X155

With well-rubbed out Peterson Irish Flake.

And what else but a nice dram of 21 yo Teeling (Irish) whisky.

image.jpgimage.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
KsPp7c3.jpg
in a Meer...
dgfRM3o.jpg

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Whole leaf blend. Maybe call it “night shift”…. Anyway. A no holds barred powerhouse blend of only the most flavourful tobaccos in large proportions. It still classifies as an English/Latakia blend in my books though.

25% Kentucky
25% latakia
25% perique
25% red virginia

coarse chopped, pressed to plug, stoved for a couple hours and cut in wide flakes that break apart easily.

it’s a flavour bomb from the get go and the peppery spice is at the forefront. Once it dies back, the Latakia takes the stage and gets a little creamy. Once it fades, we got the nutty kentucky, which bows down to the Virginia, which has been getting even more stoved this whole time.

through a no name pipe I just got off eBay. Was sort of an impulse buy(only $20 or so). Bowl is smaller that I thought but it’s a really light pipe despite the thick walls(45g I think). The button is curved but it isn’t symmetrical, makes me think this was maybe a one off or project pipe someone made. Not sure. But it smokes all right

68046D0D-4A6C-43A2-B1D5-FFB13FB580E9.jpegimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.