PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Severus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
That’s a great looking pipe.
I’m really tempted by a few Roadhouse pipes. They are beautiful looking pipes and so affordable. I hope yours smokes as good as it looks.
Thanks, @LotusEater .
So far, so good. Two bowls went down yesterday pretty well. I am a fast puffer and I did not dry the tobacco so I had some moisture accumulate in the mortise / tenon area, but nothing that could not be solved with a pass of a pipe cleaner.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Mellow Virginia was a popular one when I was young. Do you remember the adverts for 'Live in Peace with Your Pipe' ?
@condorlover1 I've smoked some Special Virginia in my clay pipes; one of the Sealed Knot re-enactors at Bolsover Castle was smoking it in his clay as well. I don't know how he managed to get it lit; Dad says I spent all day trying to light mine - it was so windy!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
CLAN - one of the blends that anyone starting a pipe in their teens in the 1970s in the U.K. would have tried and from there progressed onto Dunhill blends and other brands available at the time but now sadly gone
(Sullivan Powell, H. Simmons, G. Smith & Sons, B&H (O.V.F), Sobranie etc.)

First pipe I ever bought in the '70s - a Savinelli Oscar Aged Briar
View attachment 100114
@virkia Out of these there's only Gold Block, Troost, Capstan and Player's Whiskey I haven't tried in a clay pipe!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Velvet in a MM Cob...
VDRxOlL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.