PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
About to start breaking in my recent PAD trophy - HS Studio / Roadtown Classic paneled billiard. Tobacco of choice os Amphora Full Aroma, haven't had it in a while.
View attachment 100035
That’s a great looking pipe.
I’m really tempted by a few Roadhouse pipes. They are beautiful looking pipes and so affordable. I hope yours smokes as good as it looks.

Jun 23, 2019
Dipped into the 40s this morning, but had this sucker to keep me warm:

qmHETKIl.jpg

This stunningly proportioned Former/Eltang collaboration for Diehl pipe shop in Germany and keeping it smokey with a bowl of 50/50 mix of McC's Holiday Spirit and SG Cabbie's Mixture.

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
@Duck When I went to see the Bonnie Prince Charlie re-enactment at Swarkestone Causeway near Derby one of the Scottish Highlanders was smoking Clan in his clay pipe; I thought it appropriate and suited him!
I have a dislike of re-enactors smoking cigarettes, using mobile phones or anything else out of period I thought the tartan packet went with his costume - they weren't plastered with health warnings then:)
I'm surprised @Ettrick puffer says he doesn't like Clan being from the Scottish Borders region!
@halfdan the word clan isn’t used to name Border’s surnames. They’re usually referred to as Reiving Families and fought everyone and anyone ??

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@halfdan the word clan isn’t used to name Border’s surnames. They’re usually referred to as Reiving Families and fought everyone and anyone ??
@Ettrick puffer Thanks ? for the info; would you fight me as I'm a Redcoat?
You said you've got a Brown Bess musket; would I be safe in your part of the country???

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Been to the churchyard to smoke my packet of HH Old Dark Fired in the clay pipe; going to pack my soldier's rations ready for Stoptober!
My that was some strong baccy but you only get an excessive nicotine hit if you smoke it too fast!
Smoke it fast and you know about it; it's been windy today and strong wind makes clay pipes burn hot?; my small bowl English Civil War clay pipe didn't last me long on that windy ?️ day at Bolsover Castle when I went to see the Sealed Knot - once I managed to get it lit:)
I wasn't speed smoking - I don't do that at re-enactments!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’m smoking Burma Road at the moment, in the London Briars Rhodesian. Studying and listening to Dave Brubeck and Dexter Gordon on the turntable all afternoon, no idea where the time has gone but I need to get out of the house for a bit before I start on dinner (lamb Biriani tonight, I’m on a Indian food kick at the mo). Taking the BC Cadre Noir filled with Red Odessa for a stroll to work up my appetite first.

Status
Not open for further replies.