PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
One of the great American songwriters dies and you guys don't say squat yet a half baked rock drummer dies and you guys are falling on your swords.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Oh, NO..can't believe he is gone...guess that is the end of their tour in the US. Damn after all they have been through...I guess I always assumed they would be around for ever. They were a band of the ages.

I see Drummer Steve Jordan is going to take his seat with the Stones for their tour...he is probably good but will never replace the "man"...Charlie Watts.
in my opinion they're the worlds best Stones Cover band.

Jun 9, 2018
England
who happened to be the drummer for one of the biggest bands in the world for 60 years known worldwide,not someone unknown except in America
To call Charlie Watts a "half baked rock drummer" is a little bit ridiculous. While I don't put him in the same company as John Bonham or Keith Moon he did (as you said) play in one of the most legendary rock & roll bands of all time.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yep, sadly, that is the case.
there are far worst things to be or in existence. They had a pretty good run when they where still a creative force too so.... And the fact that they were not one of those bands you only hear about in ads for State Fairs, ads that make you go wait those guys are still around??? I wonder if those are the original members, oh yeah I wouldn't no.
I guess it's all perspective, but when you compare it to the alternatives it's not so terrible.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
An under appreciated song that may hit closer to home with this crowd:

One of my favorites of theirs. “Dead Flowers,” too.

We all knew the day was coming soon when one of them would be gone, but I’d have never put my money on Charlie being the first. I’d have definitely said Kieth or Mick first. Though, Kieth’s organs might be so well pickled that he outlives all of us.
The world of rock and roll is definitely left more diminished by Charlie’s passing.