PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Oh, NO..can't believe he is gone...guess that is the end of their tour in the US. Damn after all they have been through...I guess I always assumed they would be around for ever. They were a band of the ages.

I see Drummer Steve Jordan is going to take his seat with the Stones for their tour...he is probably good but will never replace the "man"...Charlie Watts.

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
What I loved about Charlie Watts' playing is that what he did was to support the song, the music, full stop. Never wanted to show off or stick out. True musicianship to sacrifice and do what has to be done to make the song the best it can be. I wish there was more of that these days. Hats off to Mr. Watts. RIP

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
Gutted. I finally got to see them a few years ago. My favourite band. So many of my happiest memories are scored to the Stones - & plenty of my saddest have been lightened by them. Rip Charlie.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Heard a good rebroadcast interview segment where Charlie said he didn't like to hear drum solos, just percussion with a band. He was a master. Off on his own, he played with a jazz ensemble, and he really thought like a jazz drummer where the percussion is woven into the music, not a solo exhibition.