PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Been for a long walk today from Baslow, through Chatsworth Park and Beeley to Rowsley, returning by bus ? via Matlock.
Had a few beers and smoked some more Condor Ready Rubbed in my clay pipe.
Seen a lot of sheep ?!
Going to decorate my recycling box using logos from plastic packaging; it will definitely be getting some Condors on it:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Dan, instead of "downing" that wonderful Condor, why not slow down to really taste it? You will smoke a LOT less tobacco and maybe enjoy it more. Every day does not need to be a practice in speed smoking ... ?
@weezell Maybe I should have used Clan instead, as I found out that's what the clay pipe smoking competition I'm practicing for uses...
I noticed the Condor packet on the table in the YouTube video but that was made before the smoking ban came in 2007.
It's now held outdoors.
I could almost smell all that pipe smoke - and some of it will be mine when I take part:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I just finished some Tak VB Twist in a Straight Ornsby Pipe with a wide bowl. This stuff is so amazing that I want to sit back with another bowl right away but but I already have some Sobranie 759 Match lined up in a BC Cadre Noir View attachment 91143
@Birddog66 That twist looks like it would go well in a clay pipe...
Many thanks for the baccy!
I enjoyed the Frankencake when I went to the Georgian Weekend at Cromford Mill; the blacksmith lit my clay pipe with an ember from his forge - so he gave me a living history demonstration!
I don't speed smoke my clay pipes at re-enactments:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Dan, instead of "downing" that wonderful Condor, why not slow down to really taste it? You will smoke a LOT less tobacco and maybe enjoy it more. Every day does not need to be a practice in speed smoking ... ?
@weezell I suppose it stems from my old party trick of smoking a Marlboro cigarette in one pull and I'd seen a video of the Egremont Crab Fair clay pipe smoking competition on YouTube when I first started researching clay pipes after seeing them at re-enactments and in a display at my local museum.
One of the Don Catchment Rivers Trust found a clay pipe in a river clean-up; they said it was me who left it in the river:)
Why would I leave rubbish in rivers when it's my job to remove river rubbish???

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
We had a similar concept here in ?? it was called painting with Nancy ?great to watch as a kid growing up in the seventies.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer
Thank you, I’ve been trying to remember her name for ages. Ever since the first lockdown Bob Ross has been on BBC 4 every weekday at 7:00 but I just couldn’t remember her name. She did more still life painting if I remember correctly.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Brown No:4 in the usual pipe, finally killed off the tin so it's on to another tin of Cascadia 'surprise' from our friends at M&D Wholesalers. Let's see what tomorrows plug de jour tastes like first thing over coffee.
@condorlover1 Smoked some more Condor Ready Rubbed in my Markus Fohr clay pipe; guess I must be "condorlover2":)

Status
Not open for further replies.