Cascadia Pipe Co Plug Tobacco - Weezel & Condor Do a 'Top Gear' on Tobacco!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh Winslow Pipes
3 Fresh Bill Shalosky Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh Brigham Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
@condorlover1 Thanks for the inadvertent tip! I never even thought about using the P&C catalog on the crapper, for some reason. Up until now, I would just thumb through it during various dull parts of my day. But I tried it out, and what bliss! I never thought such a simple change of scenery would make such a difference, but it inexplicably did. 'Course, my wife was a bit perturbed that my morning dump was taking two to three times as long as it usually does, but a brief explanation through the door nicely sufficed.

Looks like Orlik Golden Mixture is getting the axe. Slight bummer, but not a debilitating one. As for the Cascadia line, I think I'll pass. I'm pretty happy with my cellar at the moment. Nevertheless, I'm interested to check out some reviews on here of them, specifically Open Water.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@condorlover1 Thanks for the inadvertent tip! I never even thought about using the P&C catalog on the crapper, for some reason. Up until now, I would just thumb through it during various dull parts of my day. But I tried it out, and what bliss! I never thought such a simple change of scenery would make such a difference, but it inexplicably did. 'Course, my wife was a bit perturbed that my morning dump was taking two to three times as long as it usually does, but a brief explanation through the door nicely sufficed.

Looks like Orlik Golden Mixture is getting the axe. Slight bummer, but not a debilitating one. As for the Cascadia line, I think I'll pass. I'm pretty happy with my cellar at the moment. Nevertheless, I'm interested to check out some reviews on here of them, specifically Open Water.
P&C catalogues are always great when you are engaging in a 'foot long' as opposed to just 'dropping the kids off at the pool'. For constipation I always recommend the Thompson Cigar catalogue!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
P&C catalogues are always great when you are engaging in a 'foot long' as opposed to just 'dropping the kids off at the pool'. For constipation I always recommend the Thompson Cigar catalogue!
While this makes sense in theory, there's something slightly disconcerting about viewing objects similar to the ones I'm purging. Looking at tastefully photographed piles of flake, coin, or ready rubbed pipe tobacco (no twist or plug!) is more conducive to the...process. It's tough to explain; it just is. Nor am I jazzed about the idea of looking at long, thick, brown stogies as I'm laying down a big chocolate hot dog of my own. Not something I think about extensively--just an observation. ?

Edit: If this thread ends up getting locked because of the above, that will only prove my point. :col:

Jun 9, 2018
England
I live in England and the P&C website isn't even viewable from this side of the pond, all you get is this:

"Due to GDPR regulations, our website is currently unavailable in EU member countries."

We aren't even in the bloody EU anymore?. If any kind soul could post screen grabs of the different plugs and their descriptions i'd appreciate it?. I'm not looking to buy i'm just interested in these new plugs.

It really would be awesome if they were Velvan, Warrior and Erinmore plug just with different names??.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Back on topic! My P&C notification says these tins will land on my doorstep on Tuesday where upon I will photograph them and post my thoughts!
Can't wait to hear your thoughts they sound really interesting???. Whether reissues of classic much missed blends or something totally new the release of proper plugs is a reason to celebrate??.
Whatever they are I hope they're tasty?.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
@condorlover1 & @weezell will you be trying all 5? I think there are 5. Out of the 5, 3 of them sound excellent. Not too excited about the names but thats no big deal. The closer I look at the pictures the more I’m realizing that these do indeed appear to be proper plugs. My interest is definitely sparked.

Will these be exclusive to P&C?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Spillman Drive gang having met most of them in real life whilst involved with Standard Tobacco Company of PA. That being said they very rarely come up with something that catches me on my back foot!
I’m not familiar with Spillman Drive, what other tobaccos have they released? These are made by Scandinavian Tobacco Group, right?

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I ordered these five plugs last Friday immediately upon hearing about them on Instagram, and apparently they "shipped" (via Priority as I wanted them a bit sooner) on Saturday. USPS promptly lost the shipment.

So I called yesterday to get a replacement, and the call was handled by someone in their new Belize call center, who assured me a replacement was on the way.

I checked online this morning to confirm the replacement order and discovered that the fellow from the call center had submitted a request for a one-tin replacement (not the five tins I originally ordered) to be sent to my former address in a different state.

So I called Pipes&Cigars again this morning, during somewhat earlier business hours to ensure I'd speak with someone in the USA call center with a little better feel for operations, and was told by a young lady that the problem was fixed and the five plugs are going out today via Next-Day UPS.

What a @#$% headache.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I am just curious to see what STG have managed to do. When we wanted a 'War Horse' threshed leaf plug we were told it couldn't be done and be happy with this 'blug' which was a bionic type of crumble cake. As if by magic we now have multiple offers of heat treated plugs. To be frank with everyone I am looking forward to these arriving just so I can see what the flavor profiles are like and especially the structure and composition.