PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more properly what am I yet to smoke. Against a background of 50gr of anything decent costing upwards of $125 in Australia, I have acquired a bargain stash from @sunriseboy which ought to last a while. From the first batch, I've tried and enjoyed Butternut Burley and Western Sunrise. A nice courier brought a second batch today, consisting of almost 400gr of 515 RC-1 and 100 gr 505C. Haven't had time to smoke them yet, but reviews and pouch aroma are v.promising. There was also 100gr Amsterdamer Fijne Snede, 100gr PA and 65gr VA#1. Knowing that was coming, I splashed $125 last week on SG Blending Latakia, and have mashed up "Richard Blend" which I hope will smoke like a mild to moderate English. Tonight will tell!

IMG_1447.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite p-lip stem. Going to finish this Archie story tonight.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I hope all you fathers had as great a day as I.
My daughter, son-in-law, grandkids, my wife and the pups had a glorious cook-out, under the gazebo, of brats and burgers. A few bottles Guinness were properly consumed. And, my wife made me a Key Lime pie. I closed the evening with a Cuban Cohiba Robusto.

Great to see you back bnichols23; stay well!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of Feuerwachter Enterprises Red Virginia Ribbon in a very small slight bent black sandblasted Smokers Forum.UK 2015 POTY Chris Askwith Prince 5 with a tapered black acrylic stem with a flared bit.
Askwith_Prince5_SFUK_2015POY.jpg

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
This is more properly what am I yet to smoke. Against a background of 50gr of anything decent costing upwards of $125 in Australia, I have acquired a bargain stash from @sunriseboy which ought to last a while. From the first batch, I've tried and enjoyed Butternut Burley and Western Sunrise. A nice courier brought a second batch today, consisting of almost 400gr of 515 RC-1 and 100 gr 505C. Haven't had time to smoke them yet, but reviews and pouch aroma are v.promising. There was also 100gr Amsterdamer Fijne Snede, 100gr PA and 65gr VA#1. Knowing that was coming, I splashed $125 last week on SG Blending Latakia, and have mashed up "Richard Blend" which I hope will smoke like a mild to moderate English. Tonight will tell!

View attachment 85394
Awesome stuff, from a fellow Aussie. ?

It really was a great deal compared with our retail prices, kudos to sunriseboy puffy

Don’t tell me, I’m not the only one who gets his jars from Coles. ?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished that assignment, and will have free time on my hands until the next job. I'm half way through this bowl of Wilke Peanut Butter in a 1980s black sandblasted slight bend Savory’s Argyll 281 Cherrywood with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Reading baseball box scores.
Savory's_Cherrywood.jpg

View attachment 85394
I am loving Richard Blend. There is enough Virginia in the VA#1 and Amsterdamer to produce distinctive new mown grass taste, enough Kentucky in the Amsterdamer - together with PA’s Burley - to add sweetness, and enough Latakia to give the whole a mild smokiness. Perhaps a tad more Latakia might have been good. A little over 300gr left. In a Dutch Amphora with a 9mm balsa filter. (And yes, @Brendan N , all of @sunriseboy’s stashes have been decanted into jars from Coles ? )

C

carolinasmokes

Good morning, C&D Cube Cut Burley in a cob with a coffee to go, hopefully this will get me to work on time. I'm running a little late this morning getting out the door. I'm glad Monday's only come around once a week:)

Status
Not open for further replies.