PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
How are those La Trova turning out? Is that recent production, or from the OR a couple years ago?
Pretty close to original release, I think. I don't have the box handy but I believe the date code was Ago 17. That last one was the best so far, with a nice richness. Kind of reminded me of butter cookies with browned edges. I have more or less been trying them every 3-6 months. I have enjoyed all of them to at least some degree, but If I buy them again, I'd probably bury them for 3-4 years minimum. Which probably means I won't be buying them again at that price. Very good construction on the entire box, if I'm remembering correctly. I have a couple left to change my mind, but I'd just as soon get two boxes of Reyes, or maybe shell out a few bucks more for a full box of 24 Fundadores if I want more of a special occasion/treat cigar.

Now smoking a Tatuaje Fausto Lancero (I guess it's the "old man" as opposed to "the C"?). With an espresso blend of my own creation.

20210618_183430.jpg

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Saint Luis Rey Regios
5sTONz7l.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Can't compete in quality with you boys but Pepe the dog seems to like my Argentine Cienfuegos panatella.

20210619-204738.jpg
I sure like the name, I guess in honor of the city in Cuba named Cienfuegos. 100 fires? I wonder how the city got that name.

Now smoking an Illusione Ultra Op. 8 and drinking a light roasted, pour-over of some home roasted coffee from the island of Flores, Indonesia. We really got it good in terms of what is available to us, from all over the world!

0284-Ultra-OP.-NO.-8_single-cigar.jpg

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Can't compete in quality with you boys but Pepe the dog seems to like my Argentine Cienfuegos panatella.

20210619-204738.jpg
Quality is in the eye of the beholder. My favorite cigar is the last one I posted - Por Larrañaga Montecarlos. I got boxes and boxes at the rate of $3 per cigar. Now I'm bent out of shape the price is up to $6 per cigar. They beat any $20 cigar I've ever had.

Hope you enjoyed the Argentine cigar - I have never had one from that country. Or is that the name of the line? I couldn't find anything about it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.