Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 15, 2021
Ohio
I've only been at this for a few weeks and H&H and C&D have both come out with a limited run.
The marketing of limited runs is in almost every other interest of mine. Good to know it's a general practice. FOMO usually takes hold and I buy, just like they designed it. haha. I guess I can throw them in a box and open them later when I know what I'm supposed to be tasting.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

I'm not trying to be strict or an Ahole. It just makes sense to my pragmatic thought process. And doing the opposite defies any logic I can conceive of. The vast majority of people seek pleasure and avoid pain. One of the fundamentals of Psychology. So I struggle to understand why someone would click on a thread subject that "batters" them? That's like eating a hamburger, when you hate it, and complaining the entire time. Why not just order chicken nuggets or something you like?

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Shane did a Tasting Notes video on the SP YouTube channel. Worth a look if you’re on the fence. I grabbed two tins, one to try and one for trade when I realize I still don’t like burley based blends.
I'm kind of in that boat right now myself. Grabbing multiples -- like many in this thread -- is just a bad idea for me because I honestly don't know how well I'll have an affinity for something new, especially if it is a Burley-forward blend, which tend to be too heavy and heady for my palate. I've purchased Pennington Gap and Sansepolcro, intrigued by the descriptions. Despite liking many things about both blends (especially the Sansepolcro), I'm glad I only got 1 tin of each. Though if I had extras of Sansepolcro, yeah, I could probably get a good trade for that now.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
They're saying there's cavendish in it as well. I'm thinking it might be a little on the sweeter side.
I’m also interested to see what folks think. So far, the only review I could find on SP wasn’t very helpful. See below:

View attachment 81536

View attachment 81537
I looked at this and immediately translated. The First guy says he doesn't know if its good lol only if he buys it ! I thought they were supposed to be reviews! ?

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
I ignored the 2nd and 3d Chinese reviews (the yare the same anyway), and bought 5 tins. I hope Smokingpipes will delete them; with a help of a translator it gives us: "Welcome to the Kirkie Dog Pasture Show in the toilet at Station B". Very innovative approach in tobacco reviewing.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I ignored the 2nd and 3d Chinese reviews (the yare the same anyway), and bought 5 tins. I hope Smokingpipes will delete them; with a help of a translator it gives us: "Welcome to the Kirkie Dog Pasture Show in the toilet at Station B". Very innovative approach in tobacco reviewing.
Yea the sp reviews sections are pretty much a joke unfortunately. From people leaving one star because theyre mad its a limited release to people who've never tried it leaving 5 stars its not very reliable.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii

Google Translate for the 2nd and 3rd which happens to be the same person/spammer. LOL

If this wasn’t a troll, maybe the actual interpretation is, this is dung in a toilet at the train station. LOL :poop:

Choo Choo All Aboard! LOL ? rotf
963CDB75-158D-4296-97F0-ACEDAF814066.png

Last edited:

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Someone in another forum pointed out that the grade of red Virginia (SM2-18) used for this blend is the exactly the same as that used for last year’s run of Carolina Red Flake and CRF w/perique. Just wanted to pass this along, because the more you know….