PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
The Wilke’s Rum & Maple is pretty awesome. You’ll be sniffing your own mustache the rest of the day. Their #191 is another great one. Wilke’s aros are my favorite “full-blown aromatics” so far. Dan Tobacco Blue Note is quite good, too.
I really enjoy “semi-aromatics,” or “tobacco-forward” aromatics, too. C&D Visions of Celephais and Dreams of Kadath are great, but I really like Kentucky tobacco, and not everyone does. I’m working on a nicely aged tin of GLP Stonehenge that is flat-out amazing, if you’re ok with a Lakeland style tobacco. Erinmore is a classic mixed fruit “semi-aromatic” that is excellent.
So far I like dark fired tabak, HH Bold Kentucky is incredible. The C&D blends I’ve tried are great also. I just received a bunch of Crooner, that blend is great for the drive into work with a cup of black coffee.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Duane! $32.12 Try $24.99

You can say a dog has five legs if you call his tail a leg. Call it what you want, it’s still a tail.

It’s burley. Lightly cased as are all tobaccos for Acidity and PH balance. It’s what makes the final product smokable.

You wanna add chocolate and peanut butter and pancake syrup and cherry this and that on top? That’s an aro. More for you I guess. I’ll pass.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It’s what makes the final product smokable.
I smoke twists right out of the barn, still very smokable.

You wanna add chocolate and peanut butter and pancake syrup and cherry this and that on top? That’s an aro. More for you I guess. I’ll pass.
You wanna poke and not get poked back? I'll not pass.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The Wilke’s Rum & Maple is pretty awesome. You’ll be sniffing your own mustache the rest of the day. Their #191 is another great one. Wilke’s aros are my favorite “full-blown aromatics” so far. Dan Tobacco Blue Note is quite good, too.
I really enjoy “semi-aromatics,” or “tobacco-forward” aromatics, too. C&D Visions of Celephais and Dreams of Kadath are great, but I really like Kentucky tobacco, and not everyone does. I’m working on a nicely aged tin of GLP Stonehenge that is flat-out amazing, if you’re ok with a Lakeland style tobacco. Erinmore is a classic mixed fruit “semi-aromatic” that is excellent.
I forgot to add 191.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
“You wanna poke and not get poked back?”

I don’t mind a good poke. Poke away.

But allow me to offer up a valid analogy. A master distiller will take 10 or more years at his craft, getting a ? from cask to perfect drinkability... only to have someone pour Coca Cola into it. That’s an aromatic.

Look. It’s your drink. You paid for it, do whatever you like.

If you want to smoke a pot pouri of artificial sauces and feel it doesn’t sublimate the tobacco..... go ahead.

Last edited:

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
“You wanna poke and not get poked back?”

I don’t mind a good poke. Poke away.

But allow me to offer up a valid analogy. A master distiller will take 10 or more years at his craft, getting a ? from cask to perfect drinkability... only to have someone pour Coca Cola into it. That’s an aromatic.

Look. It’s your drink. You paid for it, do whatever you like.

If you want to smoke a pot pouri of artificial sauces and feel it doesn’t sublimate the tobacco..... go ahead.
But a bar tender puts the good stuff into the Coke, the blender puts the topping on their choice and time consuming blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.