PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
When I first started getting into the hobby at the end of 2012 I was spending around $100 a month at a time when it seemed like EVERYTHING was in stock and plentiful. I kept a budget of this amount until 2014 and built up a pretty nice cellar with good variety. In 2015, I started slowing down and instead of cellaring wide across many blends I zeroed in on a narrow selection and spent a $100 every couple months. In 2016, I slowed down further and from 2017-2018 I didn't spend much if anything on pipes or tobacco. In 2020, I picked back up a bit and got sucked into the curiosity of the seemingly never ending limited releases that trickled out, but only spent a couple hundred bucks on the year. This year I've been trying to downsize my cellar out of necessity and haven't spent much, but continue to keep an eye out for the interesting limited releases.

The whole time the above was going on my love for books was picking up steam and has taken over as the hobby interest I spend my disposable income on today.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
If I had been offended I wouldn't have bothered with an answer. One gets a ton of intrusive questions daily, telemarketers, children, the rude, the curious, and so forth. I very rarely get offended when people let their curiosity over-ride good manners. Curiosity is tough to internalize I find. I've made the error myself much as try not to. I usually start such inquiries with, "Please excuse my impertinence but, what did you pay for your car/horse/camera/etc." Sometimes you just gotta ask I suppose.puffy

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Haven't purchased tobacco online in a long while, so I just bit the bullet on a tin of Sillem's for ~$23 USD (~$30 CAD). In the last couple of months I've supported my local shoppe with the purchase of an ounce of something each month @ ~$25 CAD.

Not much in the fabled "cellar" but at the rate of 1-3 bowls per week, don't need armoires chockfull of the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.