PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
And the nightcap is Peterson Signature Flake in the flake pipe.

Same technique as this morning, haha. Half rub and stuff, rub some more! This stuff I earlier described as like smoking a hay ride in the winter and I stick by that. This one is much more of a classic Virginia flake I think. Or how one is supposed to taste anyway. Hay, and a bit of grapefruit, with just enough sweetness. The retrohale, which by now you should know I enjoy, is mild and then builds to a nice even spice and has a bit of leather smell. This bowl is burning a bit hotter than usual, probably because I dried it a tad too much, but nothing a slower cadence can't solve.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this blend every time I've smoked it and will be looking for something similar as I hear it's discontinued. Or maybe I'll let SP wiggle a little money out of my wallet for this one. It's definitely got my attention. I don't usually smoke this late but the thought of a nice bowl of Pete's was too much to ignore.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
GH&Co Unscented Dark Flake in a 1920’s BBB Umbria. Look at the carbon build up before I restored it

View attachment 76910View attachment 76911
Holy shitballs. Thats got more cake than a bakers birthday. Great blend though. I’m the odd man out that prefers brown flake u/s, but my propensity for condimental DF is likely the reason. The being said, Dark flake u/sc is one of the few DF driven blends I reaaaaaally enjoy.

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Nice mountain view.
Height is about 2.500m?
Haha, nowhere near that. The river you see below is only about 5 miles from the ocean. If I had to guess I’d say we’re at about 500 feet.

Unless you mean the peaks of the mountains across the valley, in which case you’re still high, they’re probably 1.500M (or as we’d say here 5,000 feet or so).

Go up the valley 20 miles and you can hit 10,000 feet though (3.000M)

200 miles north and you can hit 20,000 feet (6.000 M). That being the summit of Denali ?

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
On an off diet day, my lunch was half a chicken with sweet corn on the side with a quarter of a strawberry swirl cheesecake, and some strawberries, followed by a couple of Pepperidge Farms oatmeal raisin cookies. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of KBV Merchant Service Kellem’s Mixture in a 1987 medium brown Peterson first series Sherlock Holmes full bend with a silver band and a black vulcanite tapered p-lip stem. The pipe was gift from my then-girl friend who jokingly said I should wear a deerstalker when I smoke this pipe. She certainly was surprised when I went to my closet, and pulled one out. After about fifteen minutes, she said, "Okay. That's enough. Take the hat off!" I turned it sideways, and finished the smoke.
View attachment 76836
Often still wear one?I’ve worn them since I started my first job as an apprentice gamekeeper back in the eighties. They’re a good practical hat for the outdoors especially here in Scotland ???????
Happy smokes.
Ettrick puffer

3BEAC680-FC08-4424-A9DB-09FC26B64032.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.