PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
How many times have you won?

I've been playing for about 4 years regularly and I've won 5 times ($500), 6 if you count the 5 grand I won playing Cash 4. I know you're trying to belittle and insult.. I know its wasting money, but its for fun, man.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
I've been playing for about 4 years regularly and I've won 5 times ($500), 6 if you count the 5 grand I won playing Cash 4. I know you're trying to belittle and insult.. I know its wasting money, but its for fun, man.
I dont belittle anyone for anything everyone has habits I smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish. You can say I am wasting money on my habits. I say to each their own.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
If Baptist I know quite a bit,
actually.

I believe that Jesus Christ died to save our souls.. whether we buy lotto tickets or not. He loves you.. and you don't need any superstitious trinkets to feel his love.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Any snakes involved ?

abc_jamie_coots_ll_131121_16x9_1600.jpg

There is only one religion directly related to Christ and started by one of the apostles. Check into that.

• Love
Reactions: macaroni

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
My grandfather had his oddities seamlessly woven into his character. We would be driving down a street, and if a woman was walking on the adjacent sidewalk, he'd call out "Hey Betty" and give her a big wave. On trips if someone in front of him got off the expressway, he would follow suit. And when the fall came he'd pick up a half-dozen buckeyes and make sure I had some. I'd always ask to see his buckeye that he had been carrying for years.

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
No, but I am going to follow this thread like a blond in short shorts, because I am fascinated in this type of stuff, people's beliefs, superstitions and such. puffy
I used to carry around a blond in short shorts for luck, but I kept being followed by creepy dudes and eventually threw my back out. Haven’t carried around anything for luck since....

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
While there is no such thing as luck I will paraphrase my particular belief "fortune favors the prepared" and I always carry my Leatherman Skeletool:

View attachment 74307

In a sense you can "make your own luck" by being prepared.

I hate going places where I'm not allowed to carry it.
I have the original, bulkier version. Stays in the boat, almost 20 years old now. Great tool.

I have lucky hats. They’re lucky because I like them.

Milwaukee fastback razor is always clipped in my right pocket. I rarely leave the house without it.

As far as talismans go, I do pick up a penny from the ground, as long as it’s heads-up, and chant the “find a penny” rhyme in my head. Always. The penny goes in my back, left pocket. The luck it brings may be small enough to go unnoticed, I tell myself, but what if I hadn’t picked it up? What disaster have I avoided? There is no rational reason for any of this, yet I persist.

I also keep small items left over from my dad who passed in 2011. They don’t necessarily bring me any luck, but they feel like they do. His last Canadian fishing license, a bottle of nasty aftershave in the center console of my car, some flies he tied are stuck in random places about the house, one in the visor of my car and my girlfriend’s.

My guitar cases are filled with random things collected from gigs. Pens, a little scuba diver figure, cigarette butts, coins. They stay in there for reasons I can’t explain but they must stay or else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.