6 Fresh Savinelli Autograph Pipes
9 Fresh Estate Pipes
18 Fresh Moonshine Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Mar 2, 2021
Not for luck, but I carry a pocket knife. It was not always so, but an old fiddle maker asked what kind of knife I carried and I said I didn't. He said I should. I asked why. He said "you might need to cut something". And so, I've carried one ever since. Mostly a 1940 and a later Boker Barlow.

I also carry a fountain pen, and the only time I take off the watch is to bathe, but not always. It's a diver so I just do it to keep from getting my sleeves wet from the NATO band.

BROBS

Preferred Member
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Not for luck, but I carry a pocket knife. It was not always so, but an old fiddle maker asked what kind of knife I carried and I said I didn't. He said I should. I asked why. He said "you might need to cut something". And so, I've carried one ever since. Mostly a 1940 and a later Boker Barlow.

I also carry a fountain pen, and the only time I take off the watch is to bathe, but not always. It's a diver so I just do it to keep from getting my sleeves wet from the NATO band.
My nato band has a bunch of soap scum in it and whatnot. Haven’t found a good way to clean it.

BROBS

Preferred Member
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I take off the watch. Using an old toothbrush, I scrub with Dawn, followed by a good rinse. I also have two bands and change them out while the other is drying after being cleaned.
I’ll try it. I used soap but maybe didn’t use a brush enough on it. I wondered if rubbing alcohol might work?