PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I am the dullest man in the history of pipe collecting. I have 95% straight billiards and apples, mostly in size 6 or ODA. Been smoking for 40 years, still can't make a bent pipe smoke dry. After all this time, I'm not interested in correcting my technique so I'm limited in shapes plus, I just really like straight billiards and apples so I don't need others though I love looking at them. My daughter got me this pipe which is pushing aesthetics for me but it works because its straight!

004-006-19974.jpg

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I am the dullest man in the history of pipe collecting. I have 95% straight billiards and apples, mostly in size 6 or ODA. Been smoking for 40 years, still can't make a bent pipe smoke dry. After all this time, I'm not interested in correcting my technique so I'm limited in shapes plus, I just really like straight billiards and apples so I don't need others though I love looking at them. My daughter got me this pipe which is pushing aesthetics for me but it works because its straight!

004-006-19974.jpg
I don't know, Brother. See my posts. I think we are very similar in our limited preferences.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I never sell pipes, I just throw them out. Othrr than the Alligator 904 that dad smoked, the rest are gone.
:eek:
I know that pipes are just objects, but for me personally, they are objects I bought because there was something that drew me to them. I form attachments to my possessions that make it difficult for me to discard them (old shoes, old pants, whatever. Much to my wife's annoyance.) - and it is not the monetary value.
I would rather recycle/gift them to someone who would show them some love or at least, have a use for them.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion

004-006-19974.jpg
What d'you know: a bulldegg.

H

Hfinn

My favorite shape is a straight and bent billiard, I have more of them than other shapes. But sometimes you want something unusual, such as a horn or a volcano.