PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Unfortunately, the question of Pipe Smoking's Future can not be apolitically discussed. You are either for protecting the pipe smoker so that they can enjoy their past-time, or you can chose not to engage which is the same as opposing it. Pipe smokers are a gentle lot for the most part. More often or not, they are even humorous. But protecting their pastime with determination: Have you ever, ever seen a really angry pipe smoker? Cigar smokers, yes. The movies are full of them. Hollywood is full of them. But pipe smokers. We've got mellow tones of Bing Crosby to lead our charge.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I think tobacco will still be available to purchase for a loooong while yet. I wouldn't be going into debt or anything to panic buy tobacco. Alot of fear mongering on this forum. Sometimes I wonder if shareholders of sutliff, K&k and C&d are regular posters up in here.
Well, if the tobacco makers start tanking we can all get together and buy their shares en masse. ?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Pipe smokers are a gentle lot for the most part. More often or not, they are even humorous. But protecting their pastime with determination: Have you ever, ever seen a really angry pipe smoker? Cigar smokers, yes. The movies are full of them. Hollywood is full of them. But pipe smokers. We've got mellow tones of Bing Crosby to lead our charge.
There may be a certain amount of truth to that, but I suspect the difference simply has a lot more to do with the cigar market being much larger...with much more money in it.

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
...Have you ever, ever seen a really angry pipe smoker? Cigar smokers, yes. The movies are full of them. Hollywood is full of them. But pipe smokers. We've got mellow tones of Bing Crosby to lead our charge.
Exceptions don't "prove" the rule; they disprove it. Nevertheless, I get your drift, with which I concur. Just curious, though: have you ever seen the movie Charlie Varrick, starring Walter Matthau and Joe Don Baker? The Baker character is a walkin', stompin', pipe puffin' exception. Pretty good movie, btw.

Reactions: Servant King

turbomunkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2021
Chicago, IL
Its unbelievable how as a 31 year old man so many of my interests are being threatened by government. Tobacco, firearms, metal detecting. There is a war on the common man.

In the chicago suburbs there isnt hardly anything to do besides shop, eat, consume, and live within the designated parameters. Its no wonder kids are doing drugs or off'ing themselves.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Its unbelievable how as a 31 year old man so many of my interests are being threatened by government. Tobacco, firearms, metal detecting. There is a war on the common man.

In the chicago suburbs there isnt hardly anything to do besides shop, eat, consume, and live within the designated parameters. Its no wonder kids are doing drugs or off'ing themselves.
Metal detecting? What?

Mar 1, 2014
I think tobacco will still be available to purchase for a loooong while yet. I wouldn't be going into debt or anything to panic buy tobacco. Alot of fear mongering on this forum. Sometimes I wonder if shareholders of sutliff, K&k and C&d are regular posters up in here.
McClelland is gone.
What's to say the head of C&D won't decide to do the same next week? No matter how big the company may seem, if it the business becomes a liability then operations will shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.