PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
We'll SP Europe finally gave a 15% discount for IPSD.

Got a Rolando Negoita estate on the way.

Unfortunately someone got to the Bruce Weaver acorn before I did.

Now if someone could get that Nathan Armentrout bamboo volcano and remove my temptation...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They also hold very little tobacco. We'll, most of them anyway.
None of mine are small. The smallest I keep for smoking is a Mark Twain. It comes in as a small group 4 with a chamber depth of 1.625". The deepest is the freehand with a depth of 2.75". The reverse calabash pipes come in around 2.23".

Reactions: ofafeather

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
None of mine are small. The smallest I keep for smoking is a Mark Twain. It comes in as a small group 4 with a chamber depth of 1.625". The deepest is the freehand with a depth of 2.75". The reverse calabash pipes come in around 2.23".
I have a Diplomat Apple but have been considering getting a couple of Generals for use in the pool. My only concern is I'm quite surprised how heavy the diplomat is. It's not that it weighs a ton but I have plenty of briars and meers that weigh less yet offer longer smokes.

I'm not a fan of cobs in general but it's nice to not worry about their cost when in the pool or around concrete.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
It's the plaster. Get an unfinished one, even an unfinished freehand is light as a feather.
I'd never thought of that, but I think you're right. I have a General, and it is quite heavy. I have a naked Diplomat, which is admittedly a smaller shape, but it is extremely light.

a Rolando Negoita estate on the way.
Which one did you get? Have pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.