PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Cohiba Shorts are good. I like the Partagas Chicos better - they're actually in my top 3 of all Havana Partagas vitolas.

If you're looking into non-Cuban tobacco, PGC Hajenius in Amsterdam makes some fine smokes.

Reactions: dcon and burleyboy

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
My favorite small cigars lately (though neither is quite a cigarillo -- entreactos, I guess?) are La Flor Dominicana 'El Carajon' and El Rey del Mundo Demitasse. Padron Corticos are also good. And Davidoff Escurio Primeros.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
My favorite Cigarillos are Toscano shorts and Montecristo, Partagas chicos in 5 er pack,in Europe all these are more or less affordably priced ,being cheaper than in the U.S
Unfortunately, due to the US' trade embargo on Cuban goods, the Partagas Chicos are harder to come by here, which makes them more expensive than I'd like for a cigarillo, but the Chicos are probably my favorite. I believe they are a fair representation of Partagas' general flavor profile.

It's not a true cigarillo (to my mind, cigarillos are machine-made, short-filler) so much as a petit panatela or petit corona, but I had a Tatuaje Tattoo Needle the other night that was excellent. In the same vein, I also enjoy the Cohiba Red Dot Pequenos with the Cameroon wrappers.

Toscanos are great too, though I don't have enough experience to have a favorite brand

rajangan

Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Wonder if anyone in North America has had any luck ordering these from abroad?
I would be surprised if they aren't available.
You can buy them in Edmonton. One of the cigar stores here was originally started by a fellow from the Philippines. He retired, 15ish years ago and moved back. Julio. Great guy. I'm pretty sure he was the importer, but it might be David Cigar or Brigham, or House of Horvath which would mean you could get them all over the country. Anyway, one of the other local brick and mortars carries them still. That's all I really know. Maybe they simply bought lots and are keeping them in storage.

LOREN

Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
My step dad sent me a tin of the Partagas Legend Miniaturas and I really enjoyed them. I've been wanting to get into them more, but kind of at a loss at how I should keep them. Do you guys all have humidors or similiar storage mediums?
I've thought about trying cigars that don't need a humidor. I think they're called dry aged? I haven't seen any small packs, I'd like to try them without buying a large quantity.

Jan 27, 2020
Has anyone tried the offerings of Avanti? Annoying that you seem to only be able to order large quantities...

rajangan

Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Has anyone tried the offerings of Avanti? Annoying that you seem to only be able to order large quantities...

I have. The tobacconist I go to in Edmonton carries them. It's the only flavored cigar I would endorse. Basically an intense anise flavour over a toscano.

Status
Not open for further replies.