PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Just finished smoking a bowl of D.R Three Sails and it was just as I remembered Three Castles from the U.K and thank you Jim for taking the time to post me a sample and satisfy my curiosity. In a passing tribute to the forums clay pipe maven Dan I tested it in a German clay 'cutty' with vulcanite stem and aluminum band. It sure does burn hot despite packing it to the max and I found the tobacco very dry but a very pleasant smoke. After all that excitement I think I'll just barrel into some 6 year old Black Twist gifted to me from a very dear friend Sheldon from California and if you are reading this get in touch! As an after thought my pipe is the usual late 19th century/20th century meerschaum 'cutty' with amber stem and Philt Pad.

image.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Got a second set of walks in, had a bite of French vanilla ice cream, and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2010 STG Schippers in a 1977 straight black rusticated Sir Brent 253 billiard with a silver band repair and a brown pearl grey acrylic tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink on this hot and humid day.

Status
Not open for further replies.