PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
In 2012 I had about 90 pipes, but then I quit smoking and sold everything. Then about 6 months later I started smoking pipes again having noticed that I was smoking cigarettes everyday in lieu of pipe smoking, so I might as well resume the pipe. I did and then bought everything back. I only reacquired 35 pipes, which although a substantial reduction from the high of 90, still showed up on my horizon as addictive buying, as who in reality needs more than a handful of pipes? But I loved shopping for pipes and buying them, and I would still be buying them today had I not quit smoking. I was endlessly interested in the small variations within a particular shape as well as the different shapes themselves.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Al, oh my gosh, a circular cabinet no less! WOW! OMG! with some 100 pipes. Certainly the most impressive pipe rack I've seen. Spectacular spectacular! Classy, refined. Yowzah!
Thanks! The size is self-limiting (probably holds around 100), I'm down to around 65 now, about 30 too many.

That was a flea market find, a modest investment and needed a few small repairs. The 18 Fairfix pipe racks acquired over time. Keeps everything away from our mischievous cats and holds in the odor - so the wife is happy.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
His Nibs:
View attachment 30880

Custom-Bilt, three or four Rich era Custombilt:
View attachment 30881

Edwards, France. A few US made:
View attachment 30882

Peterson:
View attachment 30883

Misc. straight, one Dunhill:
View attachment 30884

Miscellaneous:
View attachment 30885
View attachment 30886

Cobs:
View attachment 30887

Jet Pipe:
View attachment 30890

Savinelli:
View attachment 30892
Haha, gonna go out on a limb and say your a porto cervo fan, hahaha. Nice collection!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My pipes are either in my 36 count Savinelli Burl Wood case that has tinted glass and holes on each side si it can breath. I got it around 2000. It had a retail of over 1000,00. I traded a box of Trinidad Fundadores that I was into for 292.00. This was before the Euro so Pesetas were used. I was buying loads of Cuban from SPain back then..I offered the trini's he gave me the cabinet. Over the years I have built about it with a 12 count warck on top of the Sav and then I have a bunch of 6 count cheapie wracks that are all over the place. Here is a pic, sorry for the poor quality.
setup2.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Here is where I keep most of my collection, it’s a mahogany secretary desk made in England around 1940.

05352D77-C645-4030-8525-53D1CA8F618B.jpeg

Ken Lamb’s standard 60 pipe rack just happened to fit in the upper section perfectly:

FA3CF4A8-B87B-4DF6-BB1B-99510F8E6F49.jpeg

On the top level to the left there are a couple of Ryan Aldens, older Dunhills, a Kent Rasmussen, and my V&N’s As you move to the right.

Second level is Dunhills on the left, Castellos on the right.

Third level is all Castello.

Fourth level is Upshalls on the left, Ken Barnes in the middle, and Ashton on the right.

Bottom level is all Jesse Jones except for two MarTelos and a Nate King on the left.

and here’s the less organized part of my collection next to my chair:

21E29AC5-1BFB-4332-9198-E01267F9A25B.jpeg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Here is where I keep most of my collection, it’s a mahogany secretary desk made in England around 1940.

View attachment 30928

Ken Lamb’s standard 60 pipe rack just happened to fit in the upper section perfectly:

View attachment 30929

On the top level to the left there are a couple of Ryan Aldens, older Dunhills, a Kent Rasmussen, and my V&N’s As you move to the right.

Fourth level is Upshalls on the left, Ken Barnes in the middle, and Ashton on the right.

Bottom level is all Jesse Jones except for two MarTelos and a Nate King on the left.

View attachment 30932
I was patiently waiting to see this one! Amazing. Now if @tnfan would just post his I can die happy (but also envious) :ROFLMAO:

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

View attachment 30928

View attachment 30929

View attachment 30932

Love it!