PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @olkofri always slaps with a trout since it is a tradition from Wikipedia editors, but it’s time to have a passionate emotional debate to determine whether he should continue with the trout, or should he switch to some other fish, or some animal.
I thought we relegated butt slapping to sports, therefore it would be ok in pipe smoking competition! An only there would it be acceptable! ?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Surpassed only by the assholiness. You and rest on this thread can blow me. If you don’t like me telling you that, you’ll need to tell me in person as I’ll leave this thread to you and the rest of the cackling dumbshits. Whatever the opposite of “nothing personal” is, it applies to this statement.
In advance of anyone else that wants to respond to me, you may blow me as well.
Well, now we know what your sexual fantasies are. 72 Codger blow jobs. Your version of Paradise.

BTW, dumb shit is two words. If you're going to indulge your penchant for being a hater, please at least be literate while doing it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Ron's likely-to-be-frustrated sexual desires aside, the content of this thread has been largely informational and accurate. And occasionally a bit silly.

Pheasant Run has been sending out reservation cancellations and has told people who call that there will be no pipe show at Pheasant Run. The remianing staff have been told that they may be laid off. Hoping that will change is like seeking a return ticket on the Titanic after the lifeboats have left.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So, besides trout slapping and verbalization of ones inner deepest thoughts has there been any new news from Cppc as far as guidance? I thought someone said they had a meeting and there would be news to follow.

Also, the Octogon is -------> way!
Yeah, that was last month, and the news was, essentially, that there was no news. Perhaps this month.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Guys, while we're indulging ourselves on the interwebs, entertaining though it may be, let's spare a thought for the hardworking members of the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club. They're caught between a rock and a hard place. Everyone wants certainty, but there's none to be had. They're caught a situation not of their own making and their options are limited. They can run into court for a resolution right now but lawyers are very expensive and even more so if you want them to work double speed. I, for one, wish the CPCC good luck and hope that things eventually work out well, not just this year but future years as well.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Guys, while we're indulging ourselves on the interwebs, entertaining though it may be, let's spare a thought for the hardworking members of the Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club. They're caught between a rock and a hard place. Everyone one wants certainty, but there's none to be had. They're in a situation not of their own making. They can run into court for a resolution right now but lawyers are very expensive and even more so if you want them to work double speed. I, for one, wish the CPCC good luck and hope that things eventually work out well, not just this year but future years as well.
Absolutely. And has been expressed earlier in this thread, if the CPCC needs financial help from the larger community there are people, myself included, willing to donate.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
He's mad that anyone is commenting on, or casting any sort of doubt about, the 2020 Chicago Show. We're all traitors.

The show is in limbo... nobody is supposed to talk about it? Or maybe he works for Pheasant Run and he feels like we're not showing sufficient respect??

In any event, I'm a member of the CPCC and want to see the show happen as much as anyone. I don't see how this thread is a threat to any of that, even the sillier comments.

tacoman

Lurker
May 16, 2011
This is a great thread. Do we get to vote? My vote would be to use the MegaCenter anyway, and people can lodge where they wish. Wouldn’t need the hotel or restaurant. Rent the center and parking lot, taking the price out of whatever deposit the Chicago club had with PR. Staffing is minimal, just security and cleaning for the bathrooms. Put up a larger tent than usual since there’d be no rooms for smoking or selling. Maybe catering in the tent by Portillo’s. This is a one time solution, giving the Chicago club another year to find the permanent venue for the show. I’d attend.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I say the show should be moved from Chicago to Florida. There are tons of great resorts near major cities. Back in the late 90's we had the Fuente Cigar Celebration at Sand Dollar resort on Clear Water beach and then at the Don Cesar on ST Pete beach. Smoking in the pool and poolside was pretty cool.

I think Florida is much more suited to events like this and the Chicago organizers should consider this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.