PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Esoterica Woodbridge in a MM Morgan Natural Cob with Creamsicle Forever Stem on a snowy night on the Knik. Finally warming up here, up to 11F. Above zero for once :LOL:

Really loving these forever stems, especially for this shape. The Morgan is my favorite MM Flake burner but its so damn short! This Walker stem elongates it considerably :)

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
How does the cognac mixture compare with Pembroke?
I've only smoked one bowl of Pembroke before but I have some on the way and I'll do a direct comparison when it comes in. From memory, the Pembroke was lighter and brighter. SHCM seems to have some black VA Cavendish and deeper Cognac flavor. The Cavendish may just soak up more of the topping. Maybe a bit more orientals as well? Pembroke looked like it had more light colored ribbons in it.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I've only smoked one bowl of Pembroke before but I have some on the way and I'll do a direct comparison when it comes in. From memory, the Pembroke was lighter and brighter. SHCM seems to have some black VA Cavendish and deeper Cognac flavor. The Cavendish may just soak up more of the topping. Maybe a bit more orientals as well? Pembroke looked like it had more light colored ribbons in it.
Good to know, thanks!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Had a snooze, and did some reading with a bowl of FVF in a smooth 2002 medium bend eight sided panel top straight grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog with a black acrylic stem. That was a long and very enjoyable smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.