PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Had a snooze, and did some reading with a bowl of FVF in a smooth 2002 medium bend eight sided panel top straight grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog with a black acrylic stem. That was a long and very enjoyable smoke.

Jim I noticed you smoke a lot of the Ken Byron blends. On his site it seems most of them are out of stock. Does his stock refresh pretty often?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
St. Bruno RR in an unfinished Sav Lumberman. God, I love the combo of leaf and flavoring in this blend. It's like it triggers something primitive in me and reminds me of being 14 and sniffing gas or something.
Ennerdale Flake has the same effect for me. Like it’s some kind of weird candy at Grandma’s house fr childhood. Or sniffing gas, I guess ?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Jim I noticed you smoke a lot of the Ken Byron blends. On his site it seems most of them are out of stock. Does his stock refresh pretty often?

It varies, depending on what tobaccos he's able to source for some recipes. If he can't get what he needs, the blend doesn't get made until he does. And as he gets new ideas, it may be that he retires some blends to focus on others. That last comment is a guess on my part.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is 1940s Troost Aromatic in a small 1982 three quarter bend unbranded meer with a smiling turbaned Turk's head and a yellow acrylic tapered stem. Watching the MLB talk about Jeter and Larry Walker making the Hall of Fame. One unintelligent writer didn't vote for Jeter. That person must have been born yesterday.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Last smoke of the day is 1940s Troost Aromatic in a small 1982 three quarter bend unbranded meer with a smiling turbaned Turk's head and a yellow acrylic tapered stem. Watching the MLB talk about Jeter and Larry Walker making the Hall of Fame. One unintelligent writer didn't vote for Jeter. That person must have been born yesterday.
There's aways at least one dope (except for Mo Rivera, I guess). Like the voters who didn't put Willie Mays or Rickey Henderson on their ballots. Of course, all that matters is they get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.