Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
shopka1-112x150.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
"How can I get one? I'd like a good toasty head next winter."
First you have to catch a wolf, and then you have to convince it to cooperate! :)
8O No thanks. I watched The Grey!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfb0-U0ydj8

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Excellent! There's a grey fox that stalks around at work. Part of me wants to set traps to catch 'im to make a hat, the bigger part of me just enjoys the few glimpses I get of him. Not an over-abundance of greys near me.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
No thanks. I watched The Grey!
Yeah, I unfortunately watched it also. Had to be one of the most laughable and asinine movies that I wasted my life on. Other than that... awesome looking hat warren.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks men! It was taken earlier today, 18 degrees, 30 knot gusts, and brilliant sunshine. I was shooting an ewe and a lamb, about 8 miles from the house as the crow flies. Well, if the crow is sober.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Awesome! I hope you ran it down and ripped it's throat out with your teeth though. You had better.
Ever eaten wolf? Is that like eating a dog and therefore taboo in this country?
You should change your name to White Fang.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I'm sorry you misunderstand where I'm coming from.
You really have no idea who I am, what my beliefs are, or what my actions are. I'm not going to attempt to clarify either.
Have a nice day!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
The hat was custom made for me by a local, internationally respected, furrier. There is nothing man-made to match the warmth of fur. If it had been ten degrees colder I'd have been wearing the mukluks.
Do you have any idea just how thick a wolf or canine porterhouse would have to be to make a decent meal? Less meat than babyback ribs. I suppose an overweight labrador might have a bit o' meat on it's bones. I have eaten dog, Korea, put enough sauce or peppers on anything and it can be tasty. I'm not quiet sure what was in a taco I once had in Mazatlan.
Some animals are for coats, corset stays and lamp oil, increasing sex drive, etc. Others are designed to provide man with Chateaubriand or hand pulled sandwiches.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Yes, you misunderstand. You're creating your own meaning for my words. That's fine.
I will point out that you failed to distinguish me being serious and me attempting humor. I may have even been poking fun at myself, and ultimately I don't think it matters what any of us believe. No one really knows anything.
It is often true that those who point fingers and label others should take a look at themselves.
Not sure why you're trying to pick a fight with me in Warren's Wolf Hat post. You seem very angry. I'm off to enjoy a bowl of Penzance in my new Baki Meerschaum.
I like your hat Warren.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
Either you have no sense of humor or mine is too subtle for you to understand.
I didn't back down from anything.
In response to another forum member who posed only two options for elephants, I offered another: leave them alone. I never said leave all animals alone. You did.
Is it not possible to respect animals and consume them for food?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not showing this to my wife. She wouldn't rest until I had a hat with ear flaps! My Elmer Fudd hat, I call it. This wolf hat would be her new must-have for my wardrobe. With your weather, it's perfect. In N.C., I've never used the ear flaps, though I wear the hat for fun. Occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.