PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
We were discussing bears at the fish camp after we saw one in Oklahoma right on the Arkansas border . It had been hit by a truck . There used to be a lot of bear skin rugs but you don't see them much anymore in the fishing and hunting lodges like you used too . There used to be wolves all over too but they got pushed out or shot out . This old country boy has helped clean out a mess of varmints over the years .I quess if you only see concrete and asphalt you might not understand . Being taught it is ok to kill a animal if it represents a problem or is to be used for food is ok as long as the animal is not wasted for pleasure . I wonder how many wolf and coyote skins go to waste every year because of fur haters .Warren that is a bad ass hat !

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I agree! I try to get it right in the camera. I consider time culling and editing to be time I could be behind the camera. Gotta do it, but I try to keep it to a minimum. That's another plus with the digital age, deleting in camera, some editing, altering white balance, etc. saves a lot of editing in front of the computer.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Igloo: Thanks for the compliment. Here in Alaska, the State Fish and Game auction off seized pelts from road kills, illegal hunting and trapping. There are still a lot of guys and evn kids in remote areas with licenses, making a living trapping. It's a tough life in the middle of God's country. Sometimes I envy them. Not when it's -40 and the trap line has to be tended though.

Status
Not open for further replies.