Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:   

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

(62 posts)
  1. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Should provide another boost of popularity for pipe smoking when this comes out later this year, just as the LOTR trilogy did. Pretty cool trailer if you haven't seen it yet...plenty of pipe somoke:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

I wonder if they're using Peter Stokkebye Nougat on set for this film as well...

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. marmal4de

marmal4de

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm so effing excited for this movie.

In a society that has destroyed all adventure, the only adventure left is to destroy that society.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Attention all pipe retailers: start stocking up on churchwardens.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. pufferissimo

pufferissimo

Login to Send PM

This could be a new material for "You are a pipe-smoker if..."

My version :" You are a pipe smoker if you only watch pipe-smoking scene of the Hobbit, pay great attention to the pipes sizes and shape, but have no clue whatsoever on the story"

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

pufferissimo: I'll have to beg to differ on that one. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I'd say you are a pipe smoker if you are really into BOTH the story AND all of the pipes and pipe smoke in TH & LOTR.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. jaysin

jaysin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Looks interesting at least it has the same director as the other movies so it wont be all over the charts.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. pufferissimo

pufferissimo

Login to Send PM

brian64 : haha, just kiddin though.

Yeah, i would agree with you. Moreover, the pipe smokers in LOTR are all the good guys (the hobbits, gimli and aragorn) which further enhances the image and portrayals the pipe smokers are ever emanating the aura of warm-wise-tough- people.

Speaking of LOTR, anyone watch the extended version of The Return of the King have a scene in which Merry and Pippin found a barrel of Southfarthing baccy ? hope I could get the clip posted from u-tube.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings are the greatest fiction I have ever read; they are the reason I started smoking pipes. Smoking Shortcut to Mushrooms right now. If you read at all, give them a shot; they are classics.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

pufferissimo: Well said! And yes, I often think of the wonderful episode in the story where Merry & Pippin find Sauruman's stock of leaf...

simnettpratt: Also well said! All of the books had quite the impact on me when I read them as a child...then re-read in adulthood. JRRT was a genius pipeman mythologist gentleman & scholar.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This should be a great movie.

I was disappointed that Ian Holm wouldn't be Bilbo again, but it makes sense, he's starting to get pretty old to play a young Bilbo.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

...and jaysin: yes, thank God it is also Peter Jackson making this one.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. mushjoon

mushjoon

Login to Send PM

Garr.... but I heard that MacQueen pipes are notorious for their production/delivery time....

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. User has not uploaded an avatar

1robert

Login to Send PM

Looks like a great movie. I've loved this storyline since I first became aware of hobbits and got my "Frodo Lives" button back in the 70s. Mushjoon, I have an older MacQueen (a Wizard) and don't remember any problems actually receiving it but it doesn't fit together as well as I'd like. It does smoke OK and contributes to a nice relaxing evening.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

lordnoble, where did you find out about that?

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I bought some PS Nougat, just because it was in the movies. I kept smoking it, because it tastes so good. I own a mini churchwarden. Nice, but not my favorite.

Winton

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. tokerpipes

tokerpipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ok but they are changing the origional story adding characters from TLOTR, characters that were not even born when The Hobbit was timed.

I liked the movies but when came down to following the books important pieces were left out.

If you can't pack it, light it, and smoke it then why do it. It's a dieing art that must be rekindled in all of us as fortold by our forefathers.

Words to live by for all pipe smokers.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  18. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

zanthal,
    I read that little tidbit somewhere on here about a year ago. Good luck finding it!

Actually, I just did.

HERE

Enjoy!

-Jason

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. shawn

shawn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have read all the books once as a boy and again as an adult. Loved them then and now. The movies were great and I can't wait till the new one comes out. I bet this will indeed add some troops to our bother/sisterhood.

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. smokenscotch

smokenscotch

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm not really into those kind of movies generally but anything with pipe smoking is worth watching, that's for sure. Thx for sharing.

Posted 2 years ago #
  21. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You can stand to watch the movies only if you accept the fact that they're movies, and they change a bunch of stuff just to be different than the books. That said, some things they nail. Gandalf is nailed. Moria is nailed. Boromir is nailed. Aerosmith's little daughter is super hot. I didn't like Legolas at first but had warmed to him by the end. Just accept the fact that they make reference to the books, but they are standalone movies.

Tolkein is one of the best, most beautiful, and most powerful authors ever, and his books deserve a place beside the classics. And yes, he smoked pipes.

Posted 2 years ago #
  22. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

While it is true that some liberties were taken with the text in making the LOTR films, some of the material was gleaned from the appendices at the end of The Return of the King, where Tolkien established some of the back history. When this is taken into account, I think you'll find the films did not stray from the text as much as one might think.

One episode from the books that I do wish they had included in the films was Tom Bombadil's story, which is actually much more significant than the casual fan/reader may realize, and should not have been left out imo.

Posted 2 years ago #
  23. User has not uploaded an avatar

megaguitarlama

Login to Send PM

The film is great I saw it on Thursday, it's wonderful! Great Vauen pipes again in it and references to the Old Toby Pipe Weed which you can get at Just For Him

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. mrgunnar177

mrgunnar177

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I didn't like the movie. I guess I had too high expectations.

You can buy education, but wisdom is a gift from God.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  25. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I liked the movie. Of course a movie made from a book is never as good but it did its job providing a fun family night out. My problem is I have preconceived notion of what the characters look like so it's always hard to watch the story unfold on the big screen.

As noted above Gandalf was spot on and I thought the Smeagol character was very well done and his lair in the bowels of the moutain.

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. phred

phred

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It took me a while to realize that storytelling works differently in movies than it does in books - so the experience is always going to be different, no matter how closely the director follows the source material, or how closely the author follows the screenplay.

Now if I could just do something about all the people who think that they're in their living rooms, or that MST3K style commenting is hysterical no matter what...

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing The Hobbit this weekend - my churchwarden should arrive just in time. I've still got the boxed set of novels that my parents gave me as a kid, I've seen the Rankin-Bass version of "The Hobbit" multiple times, the Ralph Bakshi "Lord of the Rings" ditto, and I own the extended cut of all three Peter Jackson LOTR movies. Yeah, I'm that guy...

"De gustibus non est disputandum."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  27. juvat270

juvat270

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I saw it monday night in IMAX 3D with the high frame rate. I thought it was great! The high framerate combined with the 3D really is something to see, the clarity of the picture was amazing. The movie itself was great, its been years since I've read the book, but even if you have never read it, the movie gives you a nice introduction to the story as far as who and what is happening and why. The movie was 3 hours long and it went by in the blink of an eye (a sign of good movie imho).

I can't wait for the next two!

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. phred

phred

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It took me a while to realize that storytelling works differently in movies than it does in books - so the experience is always going to be different, no matter how closely the director follows the source material, or how closely the author follows the screenplay.

Now if I could just do something about all the people who think that they're in their living rooms, or that MST3K style commenting is hysterical no matter what...

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing The Hobbit this weekend - my churchwarden should arrive just in time. I've still got the boxed set of novels that my parents gave me as a kid, I've seen the Rankin-Bass version of "The Hobbit" multiple times, the Ralph Bakshi "Lord of the Rings" ditto, and I own the extended cut of all three Peter Jackson LOTR movies. Yeah, I'm that guy...

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. dpkrause

dpkrause

Login to Send PM

I really enjoyed this movie, and I admit I really want a churchwarden pipe now. Who makes a good quality churchwarden?

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. alancairns

alancairns

Login to Send PM

Good grief! I saw the movie on Saturday. 3 hours and Bilbo hasn't even met Beorn, let alone come to Mirkwood or the Lonely Mountain! There were numerous scenes which aren't in the book, but I suppose you need to do that if you're spinning a 200 page book out to a trilogy.

Alan

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. juvat270

juvat270

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There were numerous scenes which aren't in the book, but I suppose you need to do that if you're spinning a 200 page book out to a trilogy.

He took a lot of material from the appendices that Tolkien wrote which expanded his original story. It was originally supposed to be one film. But, it was decided that with the wealth of material available that added to the original story,he wanted to include that stuff as well so it became three.

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. mluyckx

Belgian Mick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I took a bunch of 13 year old boys to go see it last weekend. As a huge Tolkien fan I have to say it was really well made. Yes, there's a lot of stuff that's not in the book, but it does help shed some more light on the background of the Ring, the Nazghul, Sauron, etc... which can be really helpful for those who have never read the Silmarillion.

In the words of the 13 year old grandson "It was way cool, less boring and better than the last Lord of the Rings".

The fact that is has way more pipesmoking in it than any of the LoTR's is just a nice bonus for us. There was one pipe in particular that caught my eye multiple times. I'll hunt down a picture of it.

I highly recommend it

PS: If you've been watching the many trailers out there, I think some of them were made before Jackson decided to cut the movie in three parts because I've seen some scenes in the trailers that are not in this movie (yet). Just so you're aware.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 1 year ago #
  33. lankfordjl

lankfordjl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@ alancairns and juvat270

Exactly! I thought the movie was great, even though I think it would have been better as two movies than three. But, I'm a Tolkien fan, so the more the merrier.

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." -Mark Twain-
    "A pipe helps a wise man to think and gives a fool something to put in his mouth" -Trischman's Paradox-
    "Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim;...but I discipline my body and make it my slave." -1Cor 9-
    Posted 1 year ago #
  34. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad to hear all the interesting feedback. I haven't had the chance to see it yet, but plan to. I almost never go to the theater anymore, but this will be one of the rare exceptions.

Posted 1 year ago #
  35. juvat270

juvat270

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

PS: If you've been watching the many trailers out there, I think some of them were made before Jackson decided to cut the movie in three parts because I've seen some scenes in the trailers that are not in this movie (yet). Just so you're aware.

Thats actually pretty normal for a lot of movies (still annoying though). Sometimes they are scenes that were cut and sometimes they are scenes filmed specifically for the trailer and never intended to be used on the movie. I really wish they would stop doing that though. It's annoying to see a really cool clip in a trailer and then find that its not in the film.

Having said that, you might be right concerning the three parts. I read that the first and second film wrapped on the same day, so they may have included scenes that will appear in the second movie in the first movies trailer.

Posted 1 year ago #
  36. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I really enjoyed the movie....I like the back story that was given from the Silmarillion. Also, did you fellows know that JRRT was a great friend of CS Lewis, they were such great friends that Treebeard from the books was actually written to take after CS Lewis..He too was an avid Pipe Smoker!

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 1 year ago #
  37. pipeinhand

pipeinhand

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

We all went and saw it in iMAX. Loved it, as I am a huge Tolkien fan from way back.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of
    anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
    nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    Posted 1 year ago #
  38. rondyr

rondyr

Login to Send PM

Took the kiddo to see it last night, and she loved it! I enjoyed it as well. I'm still not sold on the guy playing Bilbo, but the Dwarves were awesome. And there was hardly a scene in the movie where one of the characters was not smoking a pipe.

And if you're anything like my daughter, you're not too happy about not seeing part 2 until 13 December 2013 and part 3 in July 2014. She's going to be 14 years old before she finally watches the final part. That's crazy.

I like the joke going around about it: LoTR - 3 books, 3 movies. The Hobbit: 200 pages, 3 movies. Why? MONEY! (often shown with a picture of a grinning Peter Jackson)

Also, I could have done without the piles and streams of bird sh*t on Radagast's head and face.

I'm so awesome, I make myself jealous of myself.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  39. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I plan on seeing it this weekend. Last weekend was too busy with getting ready for Christmas. Surprised some are saying they're not sold on the actor playing Bilbo. Martin Freeman has done wonderful acting as Watson in the BBC series Sherlock and has been in a few other movies as well. His acting is what I'm most excited to see actually. I hope the character developement is as good as it was in the LOTR triology. That's what made that movie series. How much those characters learned and grew and changed.

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

Saw this last night. Regular 2D w/o the high frame rate. Gotta say it was much better than I expected. It didn't seem to drag at all. Some of the escapes were a little far fetched but it was still fun. I went with my son and he loved it as well. Bring on the next two.

Posted 1 year ago #
  41. bulldog

Bulldog

Login to Send PM

I recently saw the movie, also in the regular 2D without the high frame rate. Overall, a good movie, although certainly not a faithful adaptation of the book. There is as much Peter Jackson as there is Tolkien in this film, which is fitting because it is Jackson's movie.

The cinematography was beautiful, as was Howard Shore's score and the acting performances by the main actors. I could have done without the increased use of CGI animation in lieu of traditional makeup effects, particularly in regards to the orcs and goblins, but I suppose that is the future.

The substantial use of pipes in the movie was definitely a positive, and in my humble opinion, in keeping with Tolkien's affinity for tobacco smoking - the last line of the book references pipe smoking "...and handed him the tobacco-jar" (The Hobbit, page 287). Some of the pipes depicted in the movie were very interesting. If you see the movie, pay attention to the pipes used by the dwarves. It would be interesting to learn about the specific pipes used in the film.

Posted 1 year ago #
  42. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I might see this tomorrow. The wife is a bit turned off by the mixed reviews. I figure we should give it a shot and decide for ourselves if Jackson went all George Lucas on these three movies.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    -C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  43. smokedogrememberthatsht

Mike

Login to Send PM

The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings are the greatest fiction

Agreed!

Mike

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill
    Posted 1 year ago #
  44. User has not uploaded an avatar

keith40

Login to Send PM

Let's not forget about Smaug. The dragon standard for which all other dragons must measure up to. Only 10 frames show bits of him but totally worth it. And is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch aka BBC Sherlock Holmes.

Posted 1 year ago #
  45. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am interested to see what they do with Smaug, the chiefest and greatest of calamities!

Posted 1 year ago #
  46. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Finally saw it. Good movie. I wont give any spoilers but I will say its worth seeing. Wish I could've brought my churchwarden tho.

Posted 1 year ago #
  47. jwp159

jwp159

Login to Send PM

I went and saw it recently, I very much enjoyed it and thought it was well done. I still like the book better but judging it as a movie it was great and I look forward to the next 2. The pipe smoking scenes where great and it's all through the movie. I to am interested in the different pipes of the dwarves, each one is different and interesting. I went with my teenage kids and they enjoyed it too. First time I have been to the theater in a long time.

Posted 1 year ago #
  48. locopony

locopony

BANNED

Login to Send PM

The movie was a huge let down for me. It was so divergent from the book it could be argued that it was a story unto its self with borrowed characters. The dwarves were so wizard of oz it was hard to watch. Another Hollywierd turd. They crapped in my eyes and called it a movie again.

Posted 1 year ago #
  49. flyguy

flyguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree with locopony. I am a huge Tolkein fan and reader. The movie deviates too much from the book and appendices and relies heavily on special effects, some of them crazy and beyond any reason or credibility even for a fantasy. The dwarves did not resemble dwarves as locopony stated. The Gollum scene was the best part of this movie.

“Apples for walking, and a pipe for sitting.”
    ― Samwise Gamgee
    Posted 1 year ago #
  50. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They crapped in my eyes and called it a movie again

From the trailers, I can tell they made the dwarves a lot more triumphant and heroic than they were in the book. In the book most of them were bumbling, and socially awkward.

Greatly deviating from the spirit of the book isn't doing it justice.

Posted 1 year ago #
  51. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

SPOILER ALERT:

Okay, not really giving away much here, but wanted to put up the warning just in case.

I saw it yesterday. I thought Martin Freeman, who plays Bilbo Baggins, did a very good job. My wife mentioned she thought some of the fight scenes were a bit long. There are a lot of things added that aren't in the book. Radaghast was an odd addition in so many ways. The addition of back story on the tower of Dol Guldur and the necromancer/Sauron was fine. I didn't mind Radaghast and welcomed more back story on Sauron. I don't think the addition of the "chasing" character was necessary at all. I told my wife that, if they felt it was necessary to have him in there to up the action, maybe they should have had second thoughts about whether they needed to make a single book into three movies that rival the Lord of the Rings in length. I don't think the changes ruined the story, but some of them just did not need to be there. The riddle scene with Gollum was well done. I didn't care for how Bilbo's answer to one of the riddles changed from a misunderstanding and luck to him actually figuring out the answer. In some ways it had me questioning if Peter Jackson, who claims to be a fan of the books, really understands The Hobbit at all. It had its issues, but, with so much bad press, I was pleasantly surprised actually.

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. juvat270

juvat270

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

In the book most of them were bumbling, and socially awkward.

With the exception of Thorin, Dwalin and Balin, the rest were portrayed pretty much as you describe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  53. freakiefrog

freakiefrog

Login to Send PM

My local tabacco shop is doing a LOTR's night Saturday night where they are going to be showing the moviesn they say brind your own pipe and enjoy our leaf. Also my favorite Pipe shop has new blends one is "Longbottom Leaf" very tasty and "Rivendale" I've yet to try it.

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new.
    Robert W. Service
    Posted 1 year ago #
  54. tedswearingen

tedswearingen

Friend of Ours

Login to Send PM

I also didn't mind that Radagast was plopped into the plot of the film so much, however, I wasn't too keen on his depiction. Tolkien stated that of the Istari Gandalf was the least fair and most aged to look upon. In the movie, Gandalf looked handsome next to Radagast, who actually looked kinda.... moldy.

Superior Service, Superior Quality, Superior Pipes - http://www.smokingpipes.com
    Posted 1 year ago #
  55. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Lots more pipe smoking in this one.

Posted 1 year ago #
  56. captainprophesy

captainprophesy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I watched it last weekend at the IMAX (was a gift from my wife) all by my self ... although it did not follow the book in great detail (as most movies derived from books don't) I thoroughly enjoyed it.

When I watch these movies I watch them for the pure eye candy and story line... I make sure not to start comparing every scene to the books, otherwise I'll never actually enjoy it.

Anyways... I loved it and really recommend it... and yes, by the end of the movie I so wanted to smoke a bowl, especially since I had my pipe on me. Had I been able to get away with it, I would have smoked throughout the entire movie

I carry a gun... because a cop is too heavy!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  57. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

maybe someday someone will write a great book that a lot of people like, and then they'll make a movie that's EXACTLY like the book. I don't think it's ever happened.

Posted 1 year ago #
  58. captainprophesy

captainprophesy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@Zanthal ... it will never happen.
    First of all when you read a book its a pretty subjective. The author describes a character, thing or situation, but you as the reader still have to take his words and picture it in your head... you and I can read the same story but will have two different visions of whats being described.
    Second... to make a movie that follows a book to a tee will have to be an epic several movie series with each movie being 3-4 hours. Books have SO much info that you will never be able to reproduce it in a manner that will yield you a profit.

Posted 1 year ago #
  59. rondyr

rondyr

Login to Send PM

It's certainly more Peter Jackson's The Hobbit than it is J.R.R. Tolkien's. It has plenty of flaws, but was still, at least to me, pretty enjoyable.

It just never fails to amaze me that in a world filled with stories like The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Sherlock Holmes stories, and so many more wonderful others...

...that crap like Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey exists.
    And has been published. And has made millions.

Kinda makes you lose faith in humanity.

Posted 1 year ago #
  60. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nah, it was the cancellation of Firefly that made me lose my faith!

Posted 1 year ago #
  61. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"Nah, it was the cancellation of Firefly that made me lose my faith!"

True enough.

Posted 1 year ago #
  62. locopony

locopony

BANNED

Login to Send PM

That movie was so bad I would like to start a petition to have the makers of it shot.

I think they were in competition to see who could put the most pointless zooming about up and down and too and fro special effects.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   derfatdutchman, anthonyrosenthal74, jd11, reichenbach, rsuninv, cobguy, mp31guitar, stosho, decigar, grouchydog, bphilli75, pruss, ejames, buffalopat, bigvan, kairos, moses1, bigboi