PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Should provide another boost of popularity for pipe smoking when this comes out later this year, just as the LOTR trilogy did. Pretty cool trailer if you haven't seen it yet...plenty of pipe somoke:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I wonder if they're using Peter Stokkebye Nougat on set for this film as well...
-Jason

pufferissimo

Might Stick Around
Jan 20, 2012
This could be a new material for "You are a pipe-smoker if..."
My version :" You are a pipe smoker if you only watch pipe-smoking scene of the Hobbit, pay great attention to the pipes sizes and shape, but have no clue whatsoever on the story"
:puffpipe:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
pufferissimo: I'll have to beg to differ on that one. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I'd say you are a pipe smoker if you are really into BOTH the story AND all of the pipes and pipe smoke in TH & LOTR. :puffy:

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Looks interesting at least it has the same director as the other movies so it wont be all over the charts.

pufferissimo

Might Stick Around
Jan 20, 2012
brian64 : haha, just kiddin though.
Yeah, i would agree with you. Moreover, the pipe smokers in LOTR are all the good guys (the hobbits, gimli and aragorn) which further enhances the image and portrayals the pipe smokers are ever emanating the aura of warm-wise-tough- people.
Speaking of LOTR, anyone watch the extended version of The Return of the King have a scene in which Merry and Pippin found a barrel of Southfarthing baccy ? hope I could get the clip posted from u-tube.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings are the greatest fiction I have ever read; they are the reason I started smoking pipes. Smoking Shortcut to Mushrooms right now. If you read at all, give them a shot; they are classics.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
pufferissimo: Well said! And yes, I often think of the wonderful episode in the story where Merry & Pippin find Sauruman's stock of leaf...
simnettpratt: Also well said! All of the books had quite the impact on me when I read them as a child...then re-read in adulthood. JRRT was a genius pipeman mythologist gentleman & scholar.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
This should be a great movie.
I was disappointed that Ian Holm wouldn't be Bilbo again, but it makes sense, he's starting to get pretty old to play a young Bilbo.

mushjoon

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2011
Garr.... but I heard that MacQueen pipes are notorious for their production/delivery time.... :(

1robert

Lurker
Dec 25, 2011
Looks like a great movie. I've loved this storyline since I first became aware of hobbits and got my "Frodo Lives" button back in the 70s. Mushjoon, I have an older MacQueen (a Wizard) and don't remember any problems actually receiving it but it doesn't fit together as well as I'd like. It does smoke OK and contributes to a nice relaxing evening.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I bought some PS Nougat, just because it was in the movies. I kept smoking it, because it tastes so good. I own a mini churchwarden. Nice, but not my favorite.
Winton

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Ok but they are changing the origional story adding characters from TLOTR, characters that were not even born when The Hobbit was timed.
I liked the movies but when came down to following the books important pieces were left out.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
zanthal,

I read that little tidbit somewhere on here about a year ago. Good luck finding it!
Actually, I just did.
HERE
Enjoy!
-Jason

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I have read all the books once as a boy and again as an adult. Loved them then and now. The movies were great and I can't wait till the new one comes out. I bet this will indeed add some troops to our bother/sisterhood.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
I'm not really into those kind of movies generally but anything with pipe smoking is worth watching, that's for sure. Thx for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.