• Latest reply from huskysibe
  1. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Time for a new string.

Welcome to all new members.

Please introduce yourself to everybody.
    We all look forward to your comments, pictures, questions.

We're going to leave the first string up for a while to give everyone a chance to meet our newest members.
    Go ahead and post your welcomes in this string... Mention the new member's Screen Name.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

so the archive of personal information contained within the original thread is gone?

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe. Nowhere else could things be more messed up.

Does a culture based on separation and competition, of scientific sophistication and mideval religion, offer happiness even as it ravishes the Earth that sustains it?
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No, just closed, not deleted.
    The old string was about to push the right column, so....
    We'll "un-sticky" it some time in the future, but we won't delete it.

L

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hi guys. Some of you may know me from Yahoo Pipe Smokers II - been there for 7 or 8 years. Looking forward to shooting the breeze and sharing info.

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Welcome judcole...glad to have ya!

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

landshark

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone. I joined this forum becuase I need some help identifying a bunch of pipes I recently came across,
    if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where to post my questions I would really appreciate it!
    Im currently uploading photo's of the collection to my flicker account "Landsharkian" you can check out all the pieces there, thanks for the help!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67610159@N08/

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hiya Landshark. Welcome from another new guy.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. mustangii

mustangii

Login to Send PM

Hi From Warrensburg MO. I'm 52 years olds. Been happlily married for 34 years, Involved with Boy Scouts for 16 years, Played paintball for 20 years. Been smoking pipes for 25 years. Also Enjoy Snuff and Snus.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome guys to the forum

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's really great that so many new members are signing up.
    Welcome to you all!

We all are eagerly awaiting your pictures, comments, and questions.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. krgulick

krgulick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the newest members. Jump right in, the water's fine.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. octaviusasshammer

octaviusasshammer

Login to Send PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, I came across this website after a friend suggested it. Just started smoking pipes about three months ago. I'm 38 years old and seem to be going through a minor midlife crisis. I'm finding that I have developed an affinity for good bourbon and motorcycles; of course, exclusive of one another. I love classic British sports cars and have a 1960 MGA that I have thought about selling to get a BMW touring bike (someone talk me out it please!!!). My family, three kids and the wife, are wonderfully supportive of my new hobbies. So thanks for having me on here and I hope to make this a familiar haunt. Cheers.

Some people say, "If you can't beat them...join them". I say, "If you can't beat them...beat them", because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  13. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard Octvius!

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Welcome new members!

I would like to ask all new members - What initially brought you to the site, and what caused you to sign up and post?

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 2 years ago #
  15. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome To Kevin's house, wipe Your feet and jump on in. It's a great place to be.

U.S.M.C. (SEMPER FI)
    Posted 2 years ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

ekafery

Login to Send PM

hi, iam from Indonesia....

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

I love classic British sports cars and have a 1960 MGA that I have thought about selling to get a BMW touring bike (someone talk me out it please!!!).

Welcome to the forum, lets see some pics of the MGA. Hope you have a deep wallet to support that BMW. Be sure to google up final drive line failures and rear wheel bearing failures and BMW...they have a big history of problems with this. Like anything European, once out of warranty, you can't afford the repairs.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. markw4mms

markw4mms

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard, nice to have you all here.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 2 years ago #
  19. nikko

nikko

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone, got to meet some of you yesterday, but thought I'd more formally introduce myself. I'm a college student in the San Diego area, have been smoking a pipe for around a year now, but am starting to finally dive headfirst into it. Reason I joined this forum was because I had many google searches trying to learn more about pipes and a lot of them lead me to threads on this site.

Excited to learn from so many experienced pipe smokers and fearful that I just doused this hobby in gasoline... oh well

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. seanz

seanz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wewlcome to all the new members, far out man, this place grows faster than my shopping cart at before i convert it to $NZ

New Zealand
    Peter Piper.
    Give me the weed, the fragrant weed, My wearied brain to calm; In a wreath of smoke, while I crack my joke, I'll find a healing balm.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  21. pipegoddess

pipegoddess

Login to Send PM

Welcome everyone!!! Matt, May, Land, Octavist, Ekafery and all those I missed I joined the site because it's a lonely place here in Delaware but when I finish my move to the city, I hope to start a club. I read the forums first and the people seemed open, caring and fun so... I posted. I've been busy packing for my move... but this is an awesome place to come for a pick me up

Keep the pipe dream alive... ~REM
    Posted 2 years ago #
  22. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

I joined the site because it's a lonely place here in Delaware

Wilmington, Delaware?

Posted 2 years ago #
  23. chispa

chispa

Login to Send PM

Hey guys, and gals.
    I live in Norman, Oklahoma and found out about this site from a guy named Jeremiah when I sold him some beeswax for a Meer pipe. It kind of piqued my interest when he told me about pipes.
    I'm a beekeeper, brewer, shooter, reloader, hunter, and I like grilling ribeye steaks. Been homesteading lately and a nice pipe makes for a good moment of relaxing on the farm and makes the drive out there more enjoyable.
    Used to have a cob a long time ago. Picked up a few more the other day along with a local store's blend called 1Q-140 (1Q?). Then I got some Orlick GoldenSliced, Frog on the Bayou, and Nightcap.

Looking forward to some help in finding that perfect blend and learning from the forum. The cobs are nice but something like this is interesting to me:

Savinelli Roma 606

<<insert witty signature here>>
    Posted 2 years ago #
  24. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

welcome chispa to the forum...Jeremiah....good guy to know.

Posted 2 years ago #
  25. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to everybody who posted here since I first did - and a shout to ekafey, from Indonesia. Talking to folks from other places is a great web benefit.

Posted 2 years ago #
  26. User has not uploaded an avatar

jayg

Login to Send PM

Hello! I'm Jay, new to the pipe world and loving it! Glad I found the site! Any advice on anything would be great!

Posted 2 years ago #
  27. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey there y'all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a semi-reformed cigarette smoker and former cigar enthusiast that has recently made the advancement to pipes. And boy am I hooked. Thanks for an excellent and informative site. I'm discovering an entire universe of pipes, pipe lore, and delicious tobaccos.

Posted 2 years ago #
  28. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

welcome guys, read as much as you can in the great archives we have available here, and post up plenty of pics for us....of anything.

Posted 2 years ago #
  29. oldmaus

oldmaus

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum to all the new folks!
    @Chipsa I am also a beekeeper. (30-40 hives any given year)

Posted 2 years ago #
  30. chispa

chispa

Login to Send PM

Well alright olmaus!! you know smoking the hives is very important!!

I'm new to the pipe scene and noticed Savinelli has a Miele bee/honey themed pipe complete withe a honey dipper style tamper. Doesn't really appeal to my tastes but thought it was interesting. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. And welcome all you guys even newer than me!

Posted 2 years ago #
  31. User has not uploaded an avatar

supermotes

Login to Send PM

Hello pipe people,
    Im relatively new to pipe smoking. Iv had a few of my grandpa's old pipes he left me when he died about 17 years ago. Iv just recently decided to try out pipe smoking, and I'v found it surprisingly complex and intriguing. It's a fascinating new world I'm ready to explore.

Posted 2 years ago #
  32. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome supermotes...be sure to respond in the thread " Explain your Screen Name "

Posted 2 years ago #
  33. User has not uploaded an avatar

masse

Login to Send PM

Hi, My name is Fredric. 30 years old from Sweden.
    Have been smoking pipe on and off for the last 8 years or so.
    I found your page when searching information about pipes and tobacco to try and jackpot! here you are!

Posted 2 years ago #
  34. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A big welcome to all.

Posted 2 years ago #
  35. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to anyone who posted since the last time I said hi.

Posted 2 years ago #
  36. User has not uploaded an avatar

a7teck

Login to Send PM

Hey all, Rob from MI here. I'm a fairly young pipe smoker; I bought my first pipe at 18- a Dr. Grabow Omega. Since then I've dabbled in pipe smoking (usually when the leaves start to change...something about fall makes me want to smoke a pipe) Recently I've gotten back into it and am dedicated to making it a permanent use of time and funds. I just received my first tins of "real" tobacco- a Frog Morton sampler from Pipesandcigars.com. I smoked about half a bowl of the Frog Morton out of my new Bjarne Copenhagen- the first combo of a good pipe and good tobacco for me. I feel like Helen Keller did when she realized what w-a-t-e-r is. No more Captain Black for me! I now have on order the 2011 Christmas Cheer (1 tin so far) and the Three Oaks Syrian. Excited to be here and to learn from this great forum. Cheers!

Posted 2 years ago #
  37. pipeinhand

pipeinhand

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hello all. Just joined and looking forward to a fine experience. I am off to walk around the property and smoke my Churchwarden in celebration of Autumn.

Is there some pipe club near the Northern VA area?

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of
    anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
    nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    Posted 2 years ago #
  38. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome guys to the forum.

Posted 2 years ago #
  39. User has not uploaded an avatar

whvaughn

Login to Send PM

Hello All,

Thanks for the warm welcome (I received several friend requests that I've just accepted (I was traveling back from San Diego/La Jolla). I am currently working on sanitizing a new batch of estates I recently "won" on ebay. I love estate pipes; however, this is my first go at buying off ebay and sanitizing them myself. I've got the stems scrubbed and am using some "Over Proof" (63% alcohol) white rum to kill any possible cooties. Next step is the S/A treatment- I'm debating whether to go with the traditional salt treatment or to use the cotton ball alternative for my first try- I found a small crack near the bottom of the bowl (outside) on one of the pipes (it is supposed to be a Wally Frank Oil Finish, but I only see "Oil Finish" inscribed on the pipe- oh well, it was less than $10).

I am enjoying a lovely (and stout) GH Dark Flake out of a MM Pony- I had placed a couple of decent tobacco orders while traveling and received my shipment of goodies today (a frew weeks ago I was struck by PAD while browsing ebay, this week I had/have a bad case of TAD). I find the MM Pony perfect for sampling new tobacco (perfect size and no ghosts of smokes past).

I'll try to get pictures uploaded soon!

Posted 2 years ago #
  40. fyfbuddy

Magnus

Login to Send PM

Greetings! Two co-workers are on this site and pointed me here. My name is Mike. My Mustache is Magnus Ver Magnum. It is a joke that caught on with its own alter ego. It builds moral at work having a mustache to blame things on. Anyway, I enjoy my pipes and just wanted a place to casually learn more about pipes and tobacco. I love riding my motorcycle and hanging with my wife and kids. I ride a 2003 V Star 1100 and have a 1941 Knucklehead that will someday be road worthy. Long live Bourbon and Justice!

"NEVER STARE DIRECTLY INTO THE MUSTACHE."
    Posted 2 years ago #
  41. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

welcome and be sure to post a pic of your bike in the Show Us Your Motorcycle thread on here.

Posted 2 years ago #
  42. drsam

drsam

Login to Send PM

Hello people;

New kid on the block if you can call an old sailor (75) a kid.
    been smoking cigars for the past 10 or 20 yrs but recently got some pipes out of storage
    and opend a fresh container of "Capitol Steps" sure tastes good.. used to smoke "Carter Hall"
    and a very aromatic blend called "London Dock".

Live in a little town in Missouri pop about 2 1/2 k but we have three wineries and a brewery
    within the city limits so it suits me just fine.

enough for now,,,
    drsam

Sir Walter Raleigh, name of worth, how sweet for thee to know.
    King James, who never smoked on earth, Is smoking down below.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  43. coalsmoke

coalsmoke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey, Guys...

After being away from pipe smoking for well over 20 years and smoking cigars for the last 10, I've decided to come back to it. Cigars can be really expensive and the odor is so clinging that my wife sprays me down with air freshener after finishing one. Being on the budget-minded side, I sprung big bucks for a corn cob from Missouri Meerschaum and a tin of Westminster from G.L. Pease to get started. It's all familair again and know once more why I enjoyed smoking a pipe in the first place. This time 'round I'm going to put my cigar experience to work researching out pipe tobaccos, blending and processing methods, etc. Over the next number of months I'll get a couple of good briars and try out other mixtures. I'm looking forward to searching through the posts here and getting ideas and advice!

Russ

Russ
    Pipe smoking is true relaxation. Everything else is work.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  44. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Howdy folks I am Wendell a.k.a "vtndn" I tried a corn cob pipe way back in the early 90's with some captain Black. I got a raw throat,felt groggy and a loss of energy. So my first experience was not so good. I gave it another try last fall ,this time with a good brier and some "captain cool" and learned that smoking a pipe is a fine art.
    I am thankful for all your warm welcomes and friend requests. I am 39,single male ( just in case there are any lady pipe smokers lol ) I live in Vermont. I stumbled on this site a day ago and finally got through the log on process.
    I thought would be wise to join because I am new to the smoking scene. I feel that pipe smoking (tobacco) is a better choice than cigarettes or chew. but that's just me. Also I wouldn't mind having folks to talk with.

Posted 2 years ago #
  45. treebeard

treebeard

Login to Send PM

Hey guys! I'm quite the youngin' and relatively new to Pipe-smoking. I'm a theology major in college, with experience in Journalism. Some of my main inspirations are Chesterton and Tolkien. As far as pipes go, I love the flavor of a good aromatic, and I'm hoping I can learn more about pipes and different tobaccos.

I think classy tobacco is really the only refuge that a proper gentleman has anymore. What are commonly referred to as 'gentlemen's clubs' are usually packed with the most immature of souls. I think the basement of Nat Sherman was a place I could actually socialize, think, and intellectually breath while smoking a good pipe. Maybe it has something to do with our culture's obsession with noise, but pipes are quiet, relaxing, and just plain good.

I don't hate cigarettes just because they're 'cigarettes.' I hate them because they're bad tobacco.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  46. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum guys, start posting away, this is a great site with lots of experienced pipe guys that can answer any question you might have.

Posted 2 years ago #
  47. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome new guys. drsam, I remember smoking London Dock in my early pipe smoking days. Some of theose "drug store" blends were pretty good.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  48. User has not uploaded an avatar

ericocc

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone. 27 year old in Indiana. I ordered my first pipe this week and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I'm sure I'll need a lot of help so I'm looking forward to the forums.

Posted 2 years ago #
  49. User has not uploaded an avatar

ericocc

Login to Send PM

I figured I should include this. Here's the pipe I'm waiting on to arrive. It's a Savinelli Baronet Bruyere (606 EX). After looking around online it seemed like a good value for a first pipe. Any thoughts on this?

Posted 2 years ago #
  50. User has not uploaded an avatar

jpatrick

Login to Send PM

Hi guys&gals. I'm John from East Central Il. I have been lurking around for awhile and thought this seems like a nice group of people. I am member of a few other forums and known as Txpipesmoker. I don't live in Tx anymore so I thought a nick change was in order. Well I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and joing in on some great discussions.

John

Posted 2 years ago #
  51. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to all the new folks who joined since I last posted.

Posted 2 years ago #
  52. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome John to the forum.

Posted 2 years ago #
  53. User has not uploaded an avatar

jppipe

Login to Send PM

Hello All!

Finally got this account to work again -- so I'm BACK!

Nice to be here.

JP

Posted 2 years ago #
  54. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to all you New Members.
    Looks like a quality crop for sure.
    We all look forward to your questions, comments, and pictures.
    Don't be shy. Just dive right in.
    And, those of you who are new to pipe smoking, no one is going to ridicule those "noobie" questions.
    We might poke a little fun, but we know we were all beginners once upon a time.
    It's those questions that we'll all gladly offer up our two cents in an attempt to ease your entry into our shared passion.
    We're glad to have you aboard!

PS: Don't forget to accept those Friendship Requests!

Posted 2 years ago #
  55. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

welcome back JP

Posted 2 years ago #
  56. lankfordjl

lankfordjl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hi, I'm fairly new to pipe smoking. I tried some during college, about 16 years ago, but didn't know much about smoking a pipe. I've decided to try again, since there's so much information available on the Internet now. I hope to learn as much as I can. Thanks, lankfordjl

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." -Mark Twain-
    "A pipe helps a wise man to think and gives a fool something to put in his mouth" -Trischman's Paradox-
    "Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim;...but I discipline my body and make it my slave." -1Cor 9-
    Posted 2 years ago #
  57. michaelray

michaelray

Login to Send PM

Hell Everybody! Fairly new pipe smoker here. I have been trying different blends from my local tobacconist for the last year or so and always left unsatisfied. Then i tried some Dunhill Nightcap.... totally addicted!! I also smoke cigars and cigs, love beers and whiskey! i play bass guitar and i do a little woodworking to pay the bills. Anyway, Hello to all and i look forward to enjoying the site!!!!

Posted 2 years ago #
  58. kamikazesasquatch

kamikazesasquatch

Login to Send PM

Howdy all. I discovered this place a few days ago because I was doing some research and 80% of the google searches just pointed me to this forum so I figured I may as well take the plunge and register :)I started smoking pipes early this year (not a cigarette/cigar/pipe/etc smoker at all so it was a completely new experience). I instantly fell in love with it. I got my first pipe by just going to a little store that sold them in my home town and bought a $10 pipe. I didn't care for that too much so I bought a Dr. Grabow Omega pipe which I liked much better...but not as much as some of the pipes a friend of mine has and let me try. I moved to Afghanistan as a contractor in May and didn't bring the pipes with me as I wasn't sure if I'd have anywhere to keep them or have any way of keeping the tobacco from drying out. Now that I've been here a few months I'm figuring out that my fears were completely unfounded and that makes me sad that I could have been enjoying some good bowls for the last several months. I'm going home for vacation next month and decided to make an investment in some decent pipes so I bought these:
    http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=83319
    http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=87463
    http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=86934

Hopefully the links still work...the internet up here isn't real great and I can't check that site from where I currently am located. I'm excited that those will be waiting for me when I get home. As far as tobacco goes I've mainly stuck with aromatics up to this point but I think I'm going to try some Virginia flake when I get home. It sounds amazing. Anyway, thanks for being here and for all the people on here who've already provided me with tons of very useful info.

No, my name is spelled 'Luxury Yacht' but it's actually pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove'.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  59. User has not uploaded an avatar

pipesmoke

Login to Send PM

Helo everyone, I found this site by good luck while doing some web surfing and immediately knew I wanted to become a member. I have been a member for 1 day. I regularly read Pipes & Tobacco magazine but somehow never discovered this site. I have been smoking a pipe for 45 yrs. and enjoy it more everyday. I enjoy briar & merrschaum pipes and a variety of tobacco blends. I look forward to being part of this pipe smoking community and learning from the knowledge therein.

Posted 2 years ago #
  60. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum guys. post away like it's your last day on Earth...lol

Posted 2 years ago #
  61. User has not uploaded an avatar

swmooneyham

Login to Send PM

Greetings all,
    I'm a 32 year old pipe smoker in Maryland. I've been somewhat dabbling in pipe smoking for the past 5 years but just recently I've started smoking more. Like many others I found this site while googling questions I had about pipes and pipe smoking. I'm not the biggest fan of the aromatic blends that I often see in jars in tobacco shops. I am however a big fan of the Virgina/English blends that come in tins. I currently own an estate GBD and an assortment of corncob pipes, and tried Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls for the first time and was quite pleased. I look forward to conversing with you all.

Posted 2 years ago #
  62. oldmaus

oldmaus

Login to Send PM

Welcome to all the latest members of a very fine forum, you are very diverse and should add a w.ide variety of viewpoints and background. Don't hesitate to jump into the conversations or start new ones!

Posted 2 years ago #
  63. yohanan

yohanan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hello, My name is John and I have been enjoying tobacco for about 32 years in one form or the other, I have gone back to the pipe because I actually enjoy it, and as far as I am concerned it is good for me in more ways than one. So to all that smoke the pipe, smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks...
    Posted 2 years ago #
  64. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Hello to all the new memebers and welcome to a great pipe smoker's forum. There's one rule not mentioned, mr. "Hobie1Dog" requires you to post pictures of anything and everything.

Posted 2 years ago #
  65. romeowood

romeowood

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Big fat welcome to all the newest members--bourbon drinkers, bee keepers and hell raisers woohoo!

Posted 2 years ago #
  66. User has not uploaded an avatar

latakeyyeah

Login to Send PM

Hey all...I'm Jeff. Been smoking a pipe for about 14 years. On and off really. Over the past five years I have been doing it regularly and smoking more natural tobacco than the Captain Black and Prince Albert which dominated for the first 9 years. I am a filmmaker and legal researcher. I run a corporate video business and also do research for an attorney part time since my business is a fledgeling one. I studied political science and Film/Video. Since people are speaking of whiskey allot I will tell you that I do enjoy a nice single malt such as Oban or Glenlivit. As far as pipes and tobacco, I love the grain on briars and am a big fan of Stanwell. I really think that, as far as smokability, Meers and Cobs rule though! I'd say Ascoti, Bjarne and Boswell are some of my fave pipes. And I always buy MM's and occasionally search out meers such as IMP. I really want to get myself a Baki! As far as tobacco, I like VaPers and Stoved VA blends, as well as a good spicy English such as Artisans Blend (my go-to smoke). I enjoy theology, philosophy, reading biographies (Of musicians especially), the law, Movies, Plays and female companionship Hope you all have a great day, and I am looking forward to posting with you!
    P.S. (I'm a transplant from SF! Here's to Art and the crew! No offense to my new wonderful friends on this AWESOME site!)

Posted 2 years ago #
  67. soylentgreen

soylentgreen

Login to Send PM

FNG here. Just picked up the pipe a week ago. Must have something to do with turning 40 this year, not sure.

Anyway, after reading a bit on this forum and other places, I ordered about 10 different blends of tobacco and 4 cobs. Unfortunately, I had to send in another order to include some 1-Q because I figured it was a requirement to join this forum

Enjoying my smokes so far. Hope to have some questions answered too.

Cheers,
    -Wayne

Posted 2 years ago #
  68. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome guys to the forum.

Posted 2 years ago #
  69. User has not uploaded an avatar

fireink

Login to Send PM

Hi. The name's Gray. Began smoking pipes about 10 years ago while I was in college partly from nostalgia for the smell from memories of my grandfather, partly to supplant cigarettes (successfully). The pleasure in the 'hobby' is unsurpassible as far as decandant indulgences are concerned, in my opinion. A nice smooth, sweet cav or straight molassass/whiskey cured burly (made by a friend) does well to relax and soften the mood for any day. I've spent quite some time on a tobacco farm here in NC, and I must say, smoking a pipe is the closest one can get to smelling a crop curing in the barn. You can smell it for miles. This side of the state can become like one big smkers library. It leathers the trees and shelves all things with volumes of pensive and reveled thoughts. My two pleasures are a nice Porto and my pipe. I am a writer, a language connosuier, a traveller, and an unemployed educator. I have a small collection of pipes--and an odd habit, after most every pipe, I stick a piece of cinnamon gun in my mouth. It keeps the sweetness from the pipe going and keeps me from packing another and going at it for another hour or two. This is my first pipe forum, and, honestly, the first forum I have ever posted in. I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts and techniques on everything, though, I will say, as far as packing methods go, I am un-swervable from the "frank method." Cheers, tally-ho, full steam ahead, and all that jazz.

Posted 2 years ago #
  70. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Welcome Gray to the forum from another NC'er

Posted 2 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   kcvet67, doctorthoss, coalsmoke, papipeguy, warren, buzkirk, tbradsim1, lochinvar, rigmedic1, woodsroad, doverpipes, bluesmk, oldtoby, cortezattic, mongoose108, thesmokingtexan