PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Introducing the be-all, end-all entrant into the Small Batch line: Carolina Red Flake. Available from retailers June 10.
A blend of the finest North Carolina grown red Virginias from 2015, Carolina Red Flake is our tribute to the Old Belt. Taken straight from Carolina soil, these top-tiered Virginias are all grown, thrashed, blended, and then lovingly pressed and carefully sliced right here in the heart of old tobacco country..
Combining a hay-like grassiness with subtly sweet, tangy notes, it's a minimalist blend with a complex flavor: rich, deep, and earthy with hints of dried fruits and citrus. We're proud of our heritage — and we're particularly proud of this damn near perfect red Virginia flake.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That sounds wonderful. I love the Old Belt Christmas Cheer vintages, but I'm not a fan of the McClelland sugar casing (if that's what it is).
Will this one be cased at all, or will it be more in the style of Union Square?

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
That sounds wonderful. I love the Old Belt Christmas Cheer vintages, but I'm not a fan of the McClelland sugar casing (if that's what it is).
Will this one be cased at all, or will it be more in the style of Union Square?
No, just tobacco :D

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
2400 tins this time if we believe the photo, correct? Maybe this will take more than an hour to sell out? :puffpipe:

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
2400 tins this time if we believe the photo, correct? Maybe this will take more than an hour to sell out? :puffpipe:
We've taken the feedback on the last two pretty seriously and want to give everyone a chance to get some this time around.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
"Zito, it's not JUST our fault, is it. :roll:"
mcitinner1, as they say, we know not what we do. In this day and age, clearly our cellaring great amounts of tobacco can not be our fault. I feel vindicated that all this is C&D's fault and the fault of the other manufacturers. It helps me sleep at night since my conscience is clear. Just not my wallet, wait it is clear of any cash. :wink:

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Well, I, too, hope there is time to grab a tin or two. I missed both Bijou and Straight Up English. Maybe they'll return and I'll get lucky.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Tennsmoker: the volume of this small batch tins will be higher than the others.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
While I find C&D's Virginias less than optimal I will buy a few and stash them. I surely love the Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.