PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
I'm surprised there's not that much love for the bird!
Maltese Falcon is probably my favorite Pease blend. I have some Abingdon and enjoy it, though I believe it does have some brighter VAs. Maltese Falcon is kind of a darker blend.
JackKnife Plug is great, and if you like Dark-Fired Kentucky, I highly recommend it. One thing worth mentioning, aside from the fact that it also has some bright VAs, is that it has no noticeable added flavoring. Most of the other blends I'd tried where KY played a prominent role tended to use some flavoring, so the Kentucky in JKP tasted different than what I'd come to expect. It's really good, but it took me half an ounce to get on its wavelength. Once I did, I found it satisfying like few other blends.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Agree with the JKP no flavoring, that's a good thing and it's a good DFK, you couldn't go wrong to try it.
After falling for Cumberland and JKP I have a line-up unopened to try: Abington, Maltese Falcon, Sextant, Sixpence, Meridian, Triple Play...
Guess I went over board

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I rank the blends I've smoked as follows; key largo, union square, telegraph hill, triple play, gaslight and sextant.
After Troy's comment, I gotta admit I'm pretty curious about JKP. I do love the plug but have become pretty ambivalent to the Va's used recently.

May 31, 2012
I gotta add Gaslight here too, it's one of the few Lat blends that is in my rotation, it offers a very full deep richness which is often lacking in Lat mixtures bodywise - and a lovely tongue-coating creaminess, along with a sort of oiliness I can't describe, plus other superlative sensations, and it pleases me to no end.
This meme is a play on the famous Player & Sons advertising line Player's Please, in combination with a reference to the archaic method of "gaslighting", which is something you youngsters will probably have to look up.
365331.gif
:puffy:

May 31, 2012
Also,

read this review by George D. and you'll want to immediately try Westminster!

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/glpease-westmenster​
:puffy:

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Westminster is my personal all-time favorite, though its hard to pick one......

I enjoy JKP, Odyssey, Gaslight and Abingdon too, but WM would be the one I would choose if I'd only one.

Here's a little thread about it.......... http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/glp-westminster-2010-vintage :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.