Young pipe smoker, need some suggestions!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
maybe you can get your mother to smoke a pipe with you...
My rents used to guve me the "you smell" bit from time to time, but after college now that I've lived w/ them again for a year they don't give me crap anymore. My mom has even given the pipe defense for me when others are around and are shocked/disgusted when they discover I smoke without any further info. Last Christmas I passed out pipes and the whole fam light up in the garage!

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
Busy..

Glad you spoke with your mom and shed some light on the real issue. My only experience with candle is now the room smells like stale smoke and candles. They only add smell, not remove.

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
I don't smoke in my room, I also keep my smoking jacket outside for when I do use it in the shed. It's just a body smell.
My parents are both ex-smokers, I don't want to smell "tempting" to them. The worst that can happen is they could start smoking again, I don't want that for them. They both worked very hard to quit.
Luckily, my mother caught a whiff of the pouch of Captain Black in my pocket. She said that she smelled vanilla. That's definitely pleasant!
~Levi

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
Unfortunately the pouch smell doesn't always equal the morning after aroma. But it sounds like your headed in the right direction. Most non-pipe people enjoy the roomnote of cherry, very distinctive and pipelike. Sounds like your going to be trying a bunch of aros, not a bad spot to be :mrgreen:

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Parents tend to know more than you think they do, and they are often right, as annoying as that can be.

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
Yesterday I smoked about six bowls of Captain Black Royal. I'm starting to replace my cigarettes with pipes, so I try and stick with one blend of baccer so it's not a bunch of smells mixed together, just one.
So last night I when I said good night to my mother she said I smelled like pulled pork. I don't know if that's a good thing or not but the smell is non-offensive to her and I like that blend of tobacco a lot.
I think sampling some more fine tobaccos, seeing which ones I like and my mother likes would be a good idea. I mean I'd love to smoke whatever I like but I do have to be considerate and not soil the image of pipe smokers. Heck, if anybody wants to mail me a sample of some good smelling baccy' I'd be really pleased! :mrgreen:
So far I've stopped smoking cigarettes without my smoking jacket and hat, that seems to be helping. Of course I'm going to give up the nails and stick with a pipe, I'd rather be strictly a piper instead of a cigarette smoker as well.
~Levi

Status
Not open for further replies.