WOW: 34 Hotdogs Would Feed Me For a Fortnight.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
34 hot dogs might be about a 5 year supply for me. I've watched some of the professional eater videos on Youtube and see people eating more in 30 min or so than I eat in 10 days.

Reactions: JOHN72

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Vienna Beef is my sausage of choice, Chicago born and raised wife led me to them. The bright green piccalilli, celery salt and ,,, well the works! Two is my limit these days. Lately though, I've favored "chili cheese dawgs."

I doubt the competitive eaters really taste what they force down their gullets. A waste of hot dogs, in my opinion. Great dawgs are to be savored.

dsturg369

Can't Leave
May 9, 2009
Augusta, GA
Nathan's are all I buy now. Also par boil to remove some of the salt and either pan fry of grill. Mustard and onions. Put ketchup on my hotdogs and I'll throw it at you.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
One weekend night, alone at home, I ate a bowl of milk and cereal. That didn't make me digest, the only thing I wanted to do was to vomit like a pissed off volcano. I don't know how they can put in so much food, and not burst like a camping gas canister.vomitar-gumball.gif

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
This competitive eating, it annoys me so much. It’s gluttony for the sake of gluttony. This has to be an American phenomenon. I love dogs but these guys aren’t tasting or enjoying them, just to have a useless title. I’m sure it puts your body under stress and I bet they throw up afterwards.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
This competitive eating, it annoys me so much. It’s gluttony for the sake of gluttony.
They're going for the money, notariety, and the satisfaction of being the best at what they do. All in good fun I think. Certainly nothing to be taken seriously, except for the competitors of course. Very serious for them. Can't deny the competitive spirit that is showcased. It's done with all sorts of foods. A wiener on a bun, unadulterated, is just one of them.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I watched the big Coney Island contest several years ago out of morbid curiosity.

It was like watching people puke in reverse for ten minutes straight.

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 2.38.26 PM.png

• Wow