PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A helluva game, fellas. One of the best WS games I've ever seen. Dodgers bullpen is as tired as the Astros. God knows what will happen next.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
This has been a great series. Baseball is one of those sports where its easy to get up and walk out of the room to do something, or just have the game on in the background while doing other things. This series is so back and forth though, and leads are changing frequently or balls are leaving the park left and right; its hard to turn away from the game. Every time I leave the room and come back the lead has changed. Its crazy! Very good series.
I love baseball and it's my favorite sport to watch and play. As a Mets fan its become common place over the years to root for other teams in the playoffs. I'm currently rooting for the Astros, as I would like to see Carlos Beltran win a ring.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Game 5 was the wildest goddamned World Series game I've ever seen.
I don't have any skin in the series save a deep and abiding respect for Tommy Lasorda and the class/quality/discipline he brought to the Dodgers organization. But, damn, I'd love to see the Astros get this pennant. I'm a long time Royals fan and Sr. Beltran gave his salad years to KC when they sucked the high hard one.
So yeah, go Houston!
Fnord

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
OMG. Words don't quite do it. All kinds of records for "most of" and a thriller to boot. And the team I am rooting for won. What more to ask? I even watched the post game talking heads, and interviews with Correra and Altuve etc. A first time for everything.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
For me, it's the last of my stash of RO Perique Series Blend P-37 in a smooth straight early 1960s Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Hope the weather holds up in LA so we don't get any rain delays.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
If God said to me, "Jim, you have to give up baseball or pipe smoking," I'd become a Buddhist. :D :puffpipe:

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Enjoying some McClelland Stave-Aged 35 VA's in one of my meerschaums. This is gonna be a tough game for the Astros but I hope they can pull out a win!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth medium bend 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite stem. Dodgers lead 3-1 in the 7th.

Jan 8, 2013
The way they've been playing, they can still come back and win this thing. Keeping my fingers crossed and about to load another bowl to finish out the next inning and a half.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Wow what a start already to game 7. Packed up some Penzance in an old Dunhill Shell Briar for the last game. Astros already up on a bad throw to first and now they just stole 3rd *and then got him home. 2-0 wow

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Dodgers should have known better than to start Davish. I predicted he'd be lousy. McCullers isn't sharp either.

Status
Not open for further replies.