PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Anyone else watching the Astros and Dodgers? What are you smoking? I'm having a bowl of Black Frigate in a Savinelli 320 while I root for Houston. :puffy:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I was smoking Potlatch and now smoking Dummerston. Haven't missed a World Series game in 50 years.

Jan 8, 2013
Well the Dodgers took game one. But I still enjoyed the game and had a great smoke. Baseball and briar makes for a good evening after a rough day at work.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Baseball and briar makes for a good evening after a rough day at work.
Agreed! I was hoping the Astros would come back late but it was a good game nevertheless.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Always enjoy the World Series and MLB playoffs; though I am not a fan of either contending team, I think the Dodgers have a more effective bullpen than the Astros. I smoked a bowl of Stonehenge Flake mixed with ODF while watching the game.

Jan 8, 2013
I think the Dodgers have a more effective bullpen than the Astros
Maybe, but the Astros wouldn't have made it if they didn't have a very effective bullpen as well. But then as I always say, on any day the worst team in baseball can beat the best. It's just the way the baseball go.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Bradley, good to see someone finally give the right pronunciation of Antney's name! :rofl:
Also glad to see you're feeling better and ready to fight the good fight again!
I've got not favorite in the game, but I do like watching them.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I enjoyed the game quite a bit. Had a cigar instead of a pipe, an LFD 654. I've been watching the WS for 60 years but I can't say I have watched every game. Life sometimes intrudes. And I won't watch the Evil Empire play at any time. No horse in this race so I just want it to go 7 with an exciting game 7.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
First series played in summer heat in some years. Both teams are in condition for heat. I don't have loyalty to either team, except for Houston recovering from its hurricane damage. My wife who spent years in New York City still can't forgive the Dodgers for leaving Brooklyn, though they were gone before she got there. I think the odds makers are mostly decided on the Dodgers, but we know that can go awry.

Jan 8, 2013
tonight for the first time since hospital stay I'm gonna light up.
:clap: Good to hear. What's going to be the tobacco and pipe of choice tonight? It's going to be Blend For Cary Grant in a Nording for me tonight.
Bradley, good to see someone finally give the right pronunciation of Antney's name!
I think he's always done my name like that. :D

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Anthony, since the Yankees are done...no baseball for me until next spring.
College football and basketball will consume me for the next few months.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Enjoying Game 2 while sipping some Burley Flake #1. Oh so good and nutty... I think the Astros will take this game if Verlander can play through the 7th.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I'm watching the game with a bowl of Strang. The Astros need to move Gonzalez down in the line up since he's not hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.