PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Forced to stop smoking cigarellos, so the pipe seemed like a good, less expensive alternative.
Bought a "toy" meer, a bag of Borkum Riff and thought I was going to die, it was ghastly. Went researching google to see how our forefathers did it and managed to stick with it ... found PipeMagazine, read everything I could, bought more pipes, decent baccy and have finally started appreciating the pipe and different baccys thanks to the knowledge and experience here.

terry

Oct 7, 2011
I joined for the Camaraderie, and to learn about pipes and tobacco. This site is all that plus more. :clap:

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
I found this site when I really got in to the pipe smoking world and was need help and info. I have never joined a forum before this one and it is the only one I stay with. Well off and on.

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Like others Google was the door. And I like the layout, articles pretty pictures and the topics, so i stayed.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I'd been smoking a pipe for about 18 years on a very occasional basis, but had never had a eureka moment that made me really understand how pleasurable it could be. I stopped smoking cigarettes a year ago, and the pipe called to me again...I decided to do a little research, and checked out several forum sites. PM.com obviously surpassed them all in depth of content and quality of community. I lurked for a while, learned a whole lot about what I'd been missing, and finally jumped in--and glad I did. The eureka moment came for me, a perfect smoke that fully ignited my passion for pipes, and now I'm here to share what I can and continue learning from all who participate.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
For me it was the cash bonuses that Kevin has promised as you reach different posting levels.
My money for reaching 200 posts hasn't gotten here yet, but I am certain that its on its way.
Right?

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
I joined because I had no idea what I was doing and wanted some help.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I love pipe smoking,and I think one should learn at lest one thing every day of ones life and here You learn something every day. :clap:

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I love pipe smoking,and I think one should learn at lest one thing every day of ones life and here You learn something every day.
Same here, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't also get a good chuckle out of some of the comments on here, and that alone is enough to keep me coming back! :D

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
After getting kicked off the Young Muslims site for posting up pics of my naked wife, followed up by removal from my favorite forum " Fun with Nuns " for posting up pics of my recent Penis Enlargement operation, I settled on this boring forum. :nana: 8O
I've been on here for so long I forgot how and why I joined :crazy:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I saw something about "Orientals" and "Balkans" and thought it was a fetish site. At first I was disappointed but then I realized I did have this Meerschaum in the mail and should probably learn what to do with it.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
I was actually looking for a publication I could get in the mail, ya know like Cigar Afficianado only for pipes, and saw an aptly named website. After looking around the main site, I looked on the forum and it seemed like a nice place to make home. And it definatly is......I love you guys :crying:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I joined because of the neat-o decoder ring you get after becoming a Preferred Member... :lol:
Actually I joined because I was looking for info on churchwardens like Jeremy Brett smoked in the Sherlock Holmes series using Google. I've since learned that Kevin is a guru of Search Engine Optimization, which is why PM.com almost always comes up as a first hit for just about anything pipe. I never found the info I wanted BUT I found a whole hell of a lot more. I had only been smoking for 4 months when joined and this site really helped me get to a point where I can enjoy my pipes. It's also due to this site that my bank account has suffered. Given my current smoking rates, the amount of tobacco I have should last me until some time in the 22nd Century...
Thanks to Kevin (plus all of his helpers and the members of this site) for making this hobby better for me through this wonderful site! :clap:
-Jason

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Joined for the articles, stayed for the community. Still working towards my decoder ring!

logandow

Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
I joined because my dick of a brother wouldn't help me when I was starting. He just said "go to the forum"

Status
Not open for further replies.