PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
@logandow: LOL
I found this site via finding Bob's videos on packing a pipe. I lurked for a few days before I felt I had to ask a question or two. So I joined up, introduced myself and got to it! Faces have come and gone, but the camaraderie remains. Glad to share.
Simon

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I have been smoking for a while and I was looking for information on tobaccos and pipes. So I just did a google search for a pipe magazine a this was the first site. I liked the articles and read through the forums and decided to join. I don't usually join forums but I just decided to here for some reason and im glad I did.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I joined because I enjoy shooting the breeze about pipes and tobacco. I have been an active member of the Yahoo Pipesmokers2 group for about 8 years, and have enjoyed it immensely. Seems to be no overlap between the groups, which is kinda interesting.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I watched the "How to pack your pipe" videos when I started out (I can't believe I actually once cut flakes into small triangles with a scissor) and sort of looked at the threads. Then I eventually joined.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
i joined because of all the hot women who hang out here....
most people don't know that smoking a pipe makes you look irresistable to atractive women.

keith40

Lurker
Apr 25, 2011
My brother bought me the issue of Playboy that came out when i was born, October 1971, the ads were the best part of the magazine, cars, body spray of the time, non-wrinkle suits and Black Label beer. LOL. It contained 2 different pipe ads. as a cigar smoker i thought there must be a culture of pipe smokers as well. i used google and found this site and learned ALOT i didn't know and never otherwise would have discovered about pipes.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I joined because I liked the articles. I started posting in the forums, and then Kevin turned me onto Nat Sherman #580 and Old Oxford. After I tried those I knew I loved the site.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I was on the internet with more questions that I have ever had on most topics. The tobacco shop in town is a nice one but the owner is a super prick and I hate the guy. I wanted to learn all I could but I wanted to do so from those who not only smoke pipes but those have a great deal of experience in trying new things with the pipe. So I lurked around the forum for months and months reading all I could and searching for topics that I hoped to find answers from.
Needless to say as time went on I looked over the site, watched a ton of youtube videos and loved the pipe pinup girls as well! :)
Now I come back to and communicate just to be part of the group and to encourage new pipe smokers to join in the conversations and share their experiences. I have other hobbies and I contribute on other forums but those forums are for many things but pipes are not a part of any conversations. In public I do my part to encourage folks who ask about my pipe to consider taking it up and stopping cigarettes. It is one funny thing to hear someone say (older folks) - "I tried a pipe but it's such a hassle so I smoke cigs"
Well, that may be the case but there is little reward in popping those things in your mouth and the taste is just not there. The pipe is special and I try in vain to convey that hoping they will reconsider their stand on the topic.
I also come to this forum to see what sort of opinions folks have on various pipes, tobaccos and prices online. So far I go to only 4 online shops for my needs and each shop has it place for me. From pricing (most important) to product offerings and of course who offers free shipping on orders over 100 bucks.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
First time I saw this thread....
I have never been part of an on-line community before other than with facebook and a Marine Corps site

I frequent.

I joined to share what I know about pipe smoking, thinking I knew it all. But I was flabbergasted at how

much I didn't know. I have learned so much from my fellow pipesters, and I'm learning more every-time I

log on. I wouldn't miss this for the world!

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I joined after stumbling onto the website while researching my new hobby. Clicked on the forum and read some stuff.

What grabbed me wasn't the vast amount of information (which there is) but how friendly the people are. How there is a sense of community.
I never bothered with forums before but i joined anyway. A day or so later i had a flare up and didn't get back to the site for 6 months when i was feeling a bit better. SO glad i remembered to come back :)

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I joined because I was looking for a place to learn as much as I could about pipes and pipe tobacco. I've stayed because of how great the people here are and how good of a job Kevin and his staff have done with this site. I think I signed up back in 2010, but didn't really start posting much until 2011. It's a great site with great people continuing to move forward. Thanks Kevin for this amazing community and wealth of information.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
pipe-002.gif

This forum is the closest thing I have to a pipe club. I wanted the camaraderie and advice of fellow pipe smokers.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I joined because i was honestly looking for a 'Hatfield' Pipe as i had been watching the series on DVR. I had always wanted to try a pipe, but the mini-series put me over the edge and i went to my local B&M and bought one. Of course I had TONS of questions and this seemed like a great place to get info. So here I am, posting and reading away. I actually have a safari window on my iphone dedicated to this site. that way all i ever have to do is hit refresh. WIsh there was a way for us all to meet up sometime for a smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.