PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I rarely suffer from insomnia. Maybe once or twice a year I'll just not be able to shake something that concerns me, but generally I sleep very soundly and deeply. My natural cycle seems to be asleep at 2-3 AM and up at 8-9 AM. These days it's more like midnight to 6:30. Occasionally I'll sleep for 8 hours or more, but generally it's been 6+ since I was a kid. I can adjust my cycle to meet different work demands, pretty much instantly. But I doubt that today I could make the sort of extreme adjustments I could as a teen, like when I came back from backpacking through Western Europe for several months and instantly adjusted to the 10 hour difference upon landing in LA.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
No caffeine after 5 pm and and no heavy nic tobacco blends in the evening.
I sleep a solid 8-10 hours with REM sleep from 4-6 am. Horses wake me up at 6:30 am ; grumbling for their breakfast. I feel like a million bucks in the morning.
I live a pretty physical life though as my small ranch keeps me busy plus I haven't owned a TV in over 5 years. I like being outdoors and staying busy. Past my bedtime..shoosh.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
As others, my circadian rhythms keep me up at night and sleep during the morning. I just started a new job so have to be up at 10 AM but normally would not crash until 4 or 5 AM. 2nd shift work for me is great, especially when they pay you extra for the shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.