Who Bought This Ryan Alden Estate On This Forum In 2020?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Sure it was f5rd2hy? His last post appears to have been February 2020.

Not sure where such wives are found that disable buying pipes. My wife bought me the majority of mine and quite a bit of my tobacco.
This is my wife, but with tobacco. I told her not to buy pipes unless she knows it's a carver I've worked with and he knows what I like.
I'm very lucky in the fact that she truly wants me to be happy and encourages my hobbies and interests. It's mutual though, so I get to watch her bring home more goats and Cows and shit for the farm and just have to keep my mouth shut

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I made a similar post about a Musico that sold on Smokingpipes. I've had 0 replies to date. There are two explanations.

1. The person who bought it isn't a member here. (I seriously doubt that, because everyone who smokes a pipe and uses the internet is a member here.)

2. They don't want to tell me because they're greedy and keeping it all to themselves. (The most likely explanation.)

Here's the post, in case anybody wants to fess up!

Good luck, man. By the way, I like the username.

Reactions: solideogloria86

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
1692242961484.png

Is this Christian Siriano? I recognize there's a lot packed into that question and I don't necessarily expect a (correct) answer from you guys, but... I kinda want to know.

As for the pipe that got away, good luck. I had a Vauen Auenland Almar that slipped out from under my shopping cart at SP around Christmas and I found the GODDAMN THIEF lucky guy on Reddit posting his new pipe! I congratulated him on his find and got one a month later that I liked even better. I was just shocked to see it again.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I may have a pretty similar unsmoked pipe from the same timeframe that this pipe was made. I was experimenting with different rustication techniques for awhile, but sort of got distracted and dropped the idea. I've made very few rusticated pipes since then, but pretty sure I have a similar (nearly) finished pipe in a drawer around here somewhere.
Not quite the same, but maybe as close as you can get !
Send me a message if you'd like me to dig around and see if I can find it.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I may have a pretty similar unsmoked pipe from the same timeframe that this pipe was made. I was experimenting with different rustication techniques for awhile, but sort of got distracted and dropped the idea. I've made very few rusticated pipes since then, but pretty sure I have a similar (nearly) finished pipe in a drawer around here somewhere.
Not quite the same, but maybe as close as you can get !
Send me a message if you'd like me to dig around and see if I can find it.
I’ll take it! @americaman is probably busy again 😂

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Alternatively George I believe a healthy relationship is structured around ignorance as willful as it is mutual. My wife is indifferent to the parade of little boxes which arrive at our home bearing pipes or tobaccos and I likewise turn a blind eye to the miraculous appearance of new shoes, clothes and accessories.
Bingo, what Jon said. "Mutual acquisition syndrome".

Reactions: AroEnglish