Who Bought This Ryan Alden Estate On This Forum In 2020?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
In October 2020 a user on this forum named f5rd2hy was selling this Ryan Alden pipe. I was on a special trip with my wife and messaged the guy and wasn’t really focused because I wanted to stay focused on my wife. The next day, I believe it was, he told me it was sold to another person on this forum. I messaged him a little while back to see if he could pass a message on to whoever he sold it to, but he never responded and it shows that he hasn’t been on the forum since 2021.

Anyways, I think about this pipe quite often and wished I bought it because it now always reminds me of that trip. So if you see this post and you own this pipe I’m just letting you know that if you ever want to sell this pipe PLEASE let me know. So if you see this post, and you ever want to sell, I would love to hear from you.

Cheers

1254B229-9376-4FAC-8047-126ABE9D320E.jpeg

68166B9D-9FCC-4B8E-98C0-1A016F509B93.jpeg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I think the moral here is pretty clear.

Indeed.

Women in all their non-related-to-you-by-blood forms are detrimental to pipe acquisition by men.

(Talking about XX wimmen, btw, not this kind. I have no idea what its preference might be regarding pipes. The tobacco smoking kind, anyway):

Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 7.07.45 PM.png

The net take away?

1) --- Treat your wallet like Marshall Dillion did his Colt .45 when you see a pipe you like, cuz it's likely to disappear quickly.

2) --- Learn what all the non-related-to-you-by-blood wimmen around you like to eat and wear, and buy some choice examples of those things at the same time as the pipe to camouflage your online activity. Distribute as required.

3) --- Have all pipe packages delivered to your workplace or a neighbor's house, and retrieve when the coast is clear.

4) --- Destroy all evidence of the transaction after the fact.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Alternatively George I believe a healthy relationship is structured around ignorance as willful as it is mutual. My wife is indifferent to the parade of little boxes which arrive at our home bearing pipes or tobaccos and I likewise turn a blind eye to the miraculous appearance of new shoes, clothes and accessories.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I made a similar post about a Musico that sold on Smokingpipes. I've had 0 replies to date. There are two explanations.

1. The person who bought it isn't a member here. (I seriously doubt that, because everyone who smokes a pipe and uses the internet is a member here.)

2. They don't want to tell me because they're greedy and keeping it all to themselves. (The most likely explanation.)

Here's the post, in case anybody wants to fess up!

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I made a similar post about a Musico that sold on Smokingpipes. I've had 0 replies to date. There are two explanations.

1. The person who bought it isn't a member here. (I seriously doubt that, because everyone who smokes a pipe and uses the internet is a member here.)

2. They don't want to tell me because they're greedy and keeping it all to themselves. (The most likely explanation.)

Here's the post, in case anybody wants to fess up!

I can say two things with certainty - I don't have it, but if I had seen it I would have bought it.

• Love
Reactions: solideogloria86

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Haha, still remember being with my wife in South Dakota a couple of years ago and ready to start down some sorghum for some pheasants but had to delay the 10 am start while I stood there, dog wondering why the heck we were waiting, and logged onto @pipestud to see what was there (and bought some, lol).

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Hmm. The Parva Mea is a bit garish but maybe I’ll borrow my wife’s Easter Egg purse to carry my Bo Nordh rotation when I head to the next pipe show.

As for the doctrine of false equivalency, I’m pretty sure it was embedded in our marriage vows.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Indeed.

Women in all their non-related-to-you-by-blood forms are detrimental to pipe acquisition by men.

(Talking about XX wimmen, btw, not this kind. I have no idea what its preference might be regarding pipes. The tobacco smoking kind, anyway):

View attachment 240266

The net take away?

1) --- Treat your wallet like Marshall Dillion did his Colt .45 when you see a pipe you like, cuz it's likely to disappear quickly.

2) --- Learn what all the non-related-to-you-by-blood wimmen around you like to eat and wear, and buy some choice examples of those things at the same time as the pipe to camouflage your online activity. Distribute as required.

3) --- Have all pipe packages delivered to your workplace or a neighbor's house, and retrieve when the coast is clear.

4) --- Destroy all evidence of the transaction after the fact.
George,
I would avoid pissing off this guy. He appears to be packing some heat.

Reactions: bluegrassbrian