PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I've found that coconut water is a great flavor neutral, vaguely sweet, and cooling beverage to have with any pipe. If it's the right time/day, coffee or bourbon are excellent.
View attachment 284449
Coconut water is also pretty great in the morning after having imbibed too much the night before lol. Noooot that I would know anything about that…

• Haha
Reactions: PrivatePiping

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Coffee and burley most mornings for me. Throughout the day just plain water, which is what I normally drink anyways as I kicked my soda habit years ago. On the weekends I might load up a Latakia heavy bowl with beer.

Reactions: JOHN72

Oddball

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
TN
Coffee, Water, or Yellow Bellies.. That's all I pair and find that they all are perfect options because of the mood that comes with each and how that mood carries over with the pipe.

Reactions: wernerat and JOHN72
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
My go to drink is coffee. 90% of the time I will have coffee when I'm smoking my pipes. Occasionally, I'll have Dr. Pepper or Coke, water, beer and/or whiskey. Though I don't drink beer, or pop when I'm smoking Virginia's. That makes my tongue feel like it's on fire. Guiness will work with Virginia's, but not my IPA's. I'll pair whiskey or beer with my English/Balkan blends if I'm having a late evening smoke.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I tend to find no SPECIFIC pairings…. but I always DO parings (pipe & beverage). To me there is always enjoyment in seeing how each complements the other. Pipe tobaccos run the gamut, though “codger” blends are my primary. Beverages…. whatever strikes my fancy….. water, various pops (sodas), coffee, teas, beer, wine, gin, whisky, etc. And, it may look a bit “off kilter” but even Slurpees and snow cones can taste pretty damn good with a pipe. I admit, I have occasionally gotten a few quizzical looks being an old guy while drinking an orange or grape Slurpee and smoking my pipe. 🙂

PipeMarc

Might Stick Around
Dec 14, 2017
South East
Coffee and stouts for me. Coffee with it all, but some dark fired and a great stout is a hard to beat smack in the mouth in the best way!

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
Always and only red wine, with any tobacco. In the absence of this I could consider acceptable: beer, coffee (long, American style) or fruit juice.

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
Coffee in the early morning, tea or yerba mate in the afternoon and beer or water in the evening. They seem to work with anything. I also like rhubarb & ginger or mint & liquorice tea by Tea Pigs if I'm not in for a caffeine kick.
If you don't know about yerba mate and like strong flavors like black unsweetened coffee, you're in for a treat.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Ive not found a tobacco that is enhanced by a regular lager. They dont clash but nothing special.

Any suggestions?