PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Hmmm, This is a hard one... I do love me a good sandwich.
I suppose if I had to pick one it would be a nice BLT on sourdough .... but I'm also a sucker for a good ole fashion PB&J on toasted Rye.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Just about sandwich as long as it has meat in it, but on occasion a grilled cheese is a nice comfort food. If I had to nail it down, BLT in the summer with my homegrown tomatoes, ham and cheese on hard roll with with the same tomatoes, and during the winter a Reuben sandwich that I make with my own home cured/brined beef brisket tip cut. Italian beef with sweet green peppers or giardiniera goes without question seeing that I live in Chicago and considered as a staple of life here.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Twenty-eight posts later & no one has mentioned a fried mountain oyster or a Montana Tendergroin sandwich!
Still hungry Orley?

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
BLT is a great sandwich. What isn't better with bacon? I can list 5 off the top of my head that I eat most often.

Peanut Butter or PB&J, Tomato and mayonnaise on white bread, egg salad, tuna salad, and meatloaf.

The one I eat the most is the first one(s), and I use butter made from fresh ground peanuts and no additives whatsoever.

I'd go with the 'mater sandwich next, and then the meatloaf.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Mines either a hangover-standard cheese burger w/Munster and a fried egg, or a heart attack-BLT sandwiched between 2 grilled cheeses + pickles

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
If I had to pick a "name" sandwich it would be the turkey club. At home it's fresh bread with a couple slices of turkey, ham, hard salami, roast beef and prosciutto with a thick slab of sweet onion, some crispy lettuce, Octoberfest mustard and Siracha hot sauce...oh and both slices buttered. Yummy!! :puffy:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
A Ruben with real corned beef- chunks, not that sliced Stuff.
Real corned beef is 'that sliced stuff', and as I said I make mine from scratch from a point cut beef brisket which takes two weeks to brine, slow cooked for eight hours and then sliced paper thin. To be honest, I've never in my life heard of corned beef being served as 'chunks'!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@phil67- I'll tell you where the corned beef chunks come in. Every time we have a corned beef brisket in my house, I pilfer as many chunks as I can when the wife isn't looking! Of course, the only thing they're "sandwiched" between is my greedy fingers, but the better to get rid of the evidence. I can't count the times the wife has sliced one up for serving saying "I could have sworn they said this thing was three pounds..." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.