PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

S.A. DeVault

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2022
Southern Wisconsin
My maternal Grandfather: Lucky Strikes cigarettes, Mail Pouch chewing tobacco, not sure for pipes
My maternal uncle: Half and Half for his pipe, Swisher Sweets for his cigar
Today, Half and Half is still my favorite OTC brand and almost always is in my house

Reactions: Buzzard

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
My great Grandfather smoked Prince Albert, and favored Kaywoodie pipes. I have a couple of them. One pipe at a time kind of guy. A great Uncle smoked Granger. Another old farmer, smoked a pipe until he burned it out.

Reactions: grimpeur
Mar 3, 2024
Slaughterville, Oklahoma
My granddad had pipes but I don't recall ever seeing him smoke one. He rolled Prince Albert cigarettes and I must assume that was what he put in his pipe. There was nothing else except a pack of 'store bought' cigarettes (Camel filtered) for when he went into town. To watch that man roll a cigarette was a study in skilled excellence.
IMG_20240325_152426.jpgIMG_20240325_152444.jpg

Reactions: PaulRVA and Buzzard
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Title edited for caps and brevity. Rule 9!

Just curious if you have a grandfather or father that smoked a pipe what did they smoke?

Ill go first:
My grandfather only smoked Sir Walter Raleigh. My father didnt have a consistent brand but he enjoyed cherry tobacco.
My father smoked Half & Half in a cob. My only other relative that smoked a pipe was my mom’s brother. He smoked Borkum Riff in bulldog briars. I remember thinking his tobacco smelled better than my dad’s.

Reactions: grimpeur