PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
There comes a time in life when you realize just how lucky you are to live alone regularly. Hell, I even get tonsmoke in the house whatever I want when I want!

I shake my head at you poor slaves banished to the garage in sub freezing weather while I sit in my living room in my underwear with feet on table smoking in front of the bigscreen....everyday :D
The downside is I also have to do the dishes....but luckily cooking is a blast.

I shake my head at you poor slaves banished to the garage in sub freezing weather

Yep, Mrs. Cosmic was made aware very early that pipes come with me everywhere I go. When we added onto the house, she had initially "suggested" that I not smoke in her new bathroom, with sauna, bathtub for two, and huge walk in shower. So, I never saw the inside of the finished bathroom for weeks. Till, she asked me to fix the faucet. I of course pointed out that I wasn't allowed in there. She tried to explain that I was allowed, but my pipe was not. I just asked her when the last damn time was that I did not have a pipe burning. I now set in the tub with my pipe a going and another one waiting to be lit on the towel.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
My ex of 15 years didn't mind me smoking at all either, though she'd complain about a cigar occasionally. To her credit, I was still able to smoke it if I tolerated the complaint....and she did dishes after I cooked 8)

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
Threw a wobbly...thats a new one for me. Miss Piggy loves when I give her a bubble bath by farting in the pond.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Why can you all not do what you want to do when not alone?
Well, because my 2.5 year old son wants to do exactly what I am doing. My wife doesn't mind me smoking when she is around, sometimes she is even praising the tobacco I smoke.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
My 4 year old son will pick up my pipes when I turn my head and pretend to smoke them, always with a cheek to cheek grin. I tell him when he's older we can smoke together.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Mine would ask me to take him to the closet where I am keeping my pipes, tobacco and other accessories. I always keep a clean, unsmoked cob there for him. As soon as I open the closet he grabs that cob, puts it in his mouth, then my mouth, then back to its place. He knows that he shouldn't go there when I am not around.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
That's a great idea, to keep a cob around, unsmoked, for him to just get his curiosity fed! I told him I would get him a bubble pipe. But when looking for it found out they don't make them any more, only bubble saxophones. And if they are resell, will cost the same as a real pipe. Sounds like I should add a cob on my next order just for him.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
My friend who lives in Germany brought this bubble pipe to my son while visiting us. Is that the one you are talking about?
Bubble-Pipe_Full_1024x1024.jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Jay, I want to know more about this "wobbly throwing." Are they heavy? Do they hurt?"
Michael, if it was the wrong time of the month when she threw a wobbly then yes it did hurt if I was within arm's reach :oops:
Thing is, to look at her you wouldn't think butter would melt in her mouth.
Oh how I miss those Mayfair magazines......they fetch good prices on eBay I believe.
["throw a wobbly. (idiomatic, colloquial, Britain) To throw a tantrum."]
Regards,
Jay.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
When asked why he still lives in the UK despite working so much in the US, John Cleese had this to say:

Number one, we speak English and you don't.

Number two, when we hold a world championship for a particular sport, we invite teams from other countries.

Number three, when one meets the Head of State in England, one has to go down on one knee only.
Last is reference to Pres. Clinton for you young men.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I love the English language! Too bad we don't speak it over here (USA)."
We're only too happy to learn you Cortez :wink:
"Number three, when one meets the Head of State in England, one has to go down on one knee only."
Brilliant John :clap:
Regards,
Jay.

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
Jay, Ima gonna have to say wellies are boots. I know well about that time of the month thing. Boy the things I hear during that time is just downright embarrassing. Then as soon as it's over the woman is in love with me again like it's our first week dating. Unbelievable what the hormones can do to a woman. All women that have been in my life for any period of time have gotten kooky.
I wear my boots in the house mud or no mud as a symbol of my manhood, but I can't smoke cigars in the house.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Smoke, write and Absinthe. Need I say more. Hal O The Wynd and Jade: Match made in heaven,

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
@jvnshr, that's the one! It's 30 dollars on the internet, but that's a little much for a plastic toy that will end up thrown somewhere in the garage, ha. I love my kids but have priorities.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I had to look up what mayfair magazine was. I dont smoke around my five year old but when I get a package in the mail he asks if it is another pipe. So he knows what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.