PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
My lovely wife took the kids to her parents for Spring Break for the next two nights. She left me a note to enjoy the quiet. So of course that is what I do.
I opened my tin of Marlin Flake (actually did it yesterday, but when I saw how wet the tobacco was, I knew it needed some dry time). I packed a bowl, and started puffing away. This stuff did not let me down. Out of the tin it smells of figs and raisins, good enough to eat. I smoked for about 10 minutes, then let it go out to grill a NY Strip.
Lit it back up after dinner and it smoked to ash in my Kriswill Clipper. Tastes of sweet goodness (I'll get better the my adjectives over time). Smoke abound in my garage.
I went inside and opened a few tins to jar, one being Magnum Opus. It didn't have that heavy Latakia smell that I enjoy, but it was calling my name.
As I type, I am smoking this out of my refurbished George Yale. This too does not let me down. So many good tobaccos out there.
A work night and I got two bowls in, a very rare treat I do say.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
HHcFEcsgiokdigFsMZyiVo-480-80.jpg

When I get left at home without any of the girls, I like to leave the seat up after taking a piss, walking around the house with my outdoor shoes on, setting around in my underwear and smoking and drinking coffee till the wee hours, and listening to bluegrass really loud, and sleeping late, like even as late as 8AM. It's great!!! Sometimes, when feeling really wild and crazy, I will even prop my feet up on the end table. I know, crazy, right? :puffy:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I am one of the lucky ones who lives alone. I can do what I please when I please and how I please and to be honest I'd have it no other way.
I spent nine years living with my last girlfriend and wasn't allowed to leave the loo seat up, couldn't wear my wellies in the house (we lived on a farm), couldn't pick my nose, couldn't fart.....hell, she even threw a wobbly when she heard me whistling!
Plus she threw my entire collection of Mayfair magazines into the woodburner :crying:
Yup, flying solo suits me just fine.
Regards,
Jay.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Jay, I didn't know you were one of those survivors from North Korean concentration camps.
My wife took our son with her to go to see her family today. It is 6:00 PM here, end of the working day. I've already ordered a pizza online and thinking about the blend I am going to smoke after finishing the pizza.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife goes to a women's book group, and the husbands gather at another residence for a "no-book group." Since I have some caretaking duties on a regular basis, I choose to stay home and decompress. I hate it that the guys in the no-book group feel I'm standoffish, but even if you are only a little introverted, you know some down time with your own mind is precious. Sometimes you have to take time off to listen to your own thoughts. Everyone who doesn't show up isn't snubbing the gang.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
All this does remind me of a t-shirt I saw once that read "In my defense, I was left unsupervised." I don't have the above negotiations with my wife, but we've both definitely have a few of the 'unsupervised' moments! lol

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Lucky for me I get to repeat this once more today! I did get plenty of sleep, which is something that never happens. At least not for the last 5 years (2 step kids and 3 kids under 4 keeps me restless).
I have too big of windows to run around the house in my undies, but will definitely prop my feet up.
Already thinking about what to smoke tonight, perhaps my open tin of 40th?

Status
Not open for further replies.