PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
One more: Gordon Lightfoot-Sundown
Side note: this song was written about a romantic interest, a groupie named Cathy Smith, who (allegedly) screwed him over. Her claim to fame was (allegedly) giving John Belushi the speedball that killed him years later.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Beef! Great tune, fabulous voice. I'm a big fan of Ms. Welch.

I was listening to the double record LP of The Live Adventures Of Al Kooper And Mike Bloomfield.

Today, is Kooper's 75th. birthday (2-5-44). Here's their performance of "Green Onions"
https://www.youtube.com/embed/TKl6Vzyjb-0

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Currently listening to Aphex Twin ~ Classics and smoking a bowl of University Flake in a Jerry Crawford bamboo shanked, sandblasted bent billiard.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
One more: Gordon Lightfoot-Sundown
Side note: this song was written about a romantic interest, a groupie named Cathy Smith, who (allegedly) screwed him over. Her claim to fame was (allegedly) giving John Belushi the speedball that killed him years later.
Great song...and very interesting info...I never knew that was the same femme fatale.
Beef! Great tune, fabulous voice.
+1 ... Really enjoyed that one Beef. Unfortunately I'm not at all familiar with Gillian. I'm going to have to try listening to more of her (it's difficult these days to find the time and motivation to discover new (to me) music, but there are occasional exceptions).

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Philo, you made me run to the stereo to play my favorite Lateef album, Eastern Sounds.

I love this cut, "The Plum Blossom" with Lateef playing a Chinese globular flute, and with a terrific solo by pianist Barry Harris.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/_KfVsJwTjlo

Status
Not open for further replies.