What do you use to prepare your tobacco in?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
There has been a good bit of discussion about preparing tobacco lately.

Inevitably, some one will mention what to use when preparing tobacco.

A bowl, a piece of paper, etc.
This is what I use. It is a saucer from an old Japanese tea set. My Dad brought it home after the Korean War. I still have the set, but we never use it. So I thought I would put at least a piece of it to good and frequent use.
DSC00371.jpg

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
I use a white piece of printer paper on my desk lol. If im else where i use a over large plastic plate.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I use a piece of paper. what in the world is that oak tree you use to smoke out of in that pick do you just leave it on the table or do you have jaws like the dude in James Bond!!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
That was made by a friend of mine... It's called Fist Full of Dollars. It's a very good smoker, and long smoker too.

NewBegining-1.jpg

As for clinching it, this is me wearing my toupee.

1Ajaws.jpg

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
Im with Fred, i just work over the flap on the pouch. Seems to work really well, doesn't get anywhere and it just falls back into the pouch. How long does it usually take for tobacco to dry out?

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
For loose tobaccos I load the pipe over the jar allowing any spillage to fall back into it. For flakes, I rub them out over a paper towel.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Prepare tobacco??? I just scoop a bunch outa the bag with the pipe and stuff it in the whole. Great pipe. If that is "Fistful of dollars" is the little guy on the table with him "Spare Change"?

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I normally use the tin lid or pouch flap. But push come to shove I will use what ever is available. We pipe smokers are a resourceful bunch. Love the " Fist full of Dollars" Pipe

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I smoke mostly bulks which have been jarred for storage. I pour out a bit, or remove a flake for rubbing, over a shallow square kitchen storage container. After packing what I need, I return the excess to the jar.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
long smoker! that thing will hold a quarter pound.

I use a paper towel. Fancy I am.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
The bowl in Fist Full of Dollars isn't very wide, but it's really deep.

It's great for a long slow smoke.

It's apple wood. So is the "little guy".

It's called Poker Chip.
PokerChip.jpg

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Jumpin' crickets!! You could drive T-posts all day with that pipe, Lawrence!!
If what I choose needs any prep-work at all, I get my stuff ready on a piece of clean printer paper. I really like the saucer, that's pretty cool. I'm not sure I have anything like that with any significance.
I suppose I could use my old divorce decree instead of printer paper! (she hated me and my pipes!)

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I just use the tin of the tobacco, if I need to. But the only baccy I ever have need to prepare is my Gawith flake. Speaking of which, I may need to go ahead and light up a bowl of that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.