PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Self employed, mostly Hotel/Motel, restaurant, banking and real estate. My "office" is our oldest motel, so I spend most of the day renting rooms to tourists.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
I'm a lockmaster, mostly operating historical locks on tidal water.

Jun 4, 2014
I'm an insurance producer in my family's agency, the business was started by my Grandfather. I went to school to be a tool and die maker, but life had other plans.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Systems Administrator here. Currently providing technical consulting services to the local Department of Transportation for their document management system. No smoking in either the home office or my on-site cubicle, but I try to get out and go for a lunt at lunchtime, weather permitting. And since my regular schedule is four nines and a half-day on Friday, I usually kick off my weekend with a bowl on Friday afternoons.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Maintenance Superintendent at my city's Park Department. I started here when I was 16.....I'm shy of 40 now. I can't smoke at work anymore.

drumweezer

Lurker
Mar 24, 2015
I'm a third-year PhD student at East Carolina University in the English Department. My field of study is rhetoric and composition. Before being a PhD student, I was an adjunct composition instructor at several colleges in the area. I'm also a musician. I've been playing drums 21 years.
You don't see nearly as many academics smoking on campus except for the few rebellious ones like me but many do partake in smoking at other spaces or places.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Self employed, researcher of American history, treasure hunter, historian, website owner, blogger, speaker, TV production. I smoke my pipe on location, and traveling to and from sites, and outdoors at my home when the weather warms. 68 and I'll never retire. Having too much fun!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Aircraft mechanic for a mid-size regional carrier. Fortunately, the airport I work at still has designated smoking areas (outdoors only, though).

sakoguy

Lurker
Mar 19, 2015
Mobile tech for a large technology company I fix everything from laptops to bank machines. No smoking in the company vehicle but that's what the nasal snuff is for.

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
Call Center Network Operations Analyst for a megacorp. No smoking on campus, but when I work from home I can do anything I want so long as I'm near a machine and can answer a phone semi-intelligently.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Oilfield for 28 years here, nearly all on the well servicing side. No smoking inside the guy wires of the rig but can smoke in the doghouse and on the way to and from location.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I'm a database administrator (IT) for the past 35 years. Currently working for a Midwestern university. I also do hobby/small blacksmithing on the side mainly for fun though.

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
Right now I'm not currently employed but I am a licensed general amateur radio operator. I also do a lot of volunteer work with the local C.E.R.T. organization and currently going through classes for the local citizens police academy. Hopefully the local job market picks up and I can get a job doing something in the communications field.

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Currently I'm a full time student and full time father. Last year of my undergraduate degree in history then off to law school.
Prior to return to school I was a guitar salesman full time and a personal trainer part time for 7 yrs or so.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
I work as social worker for chronically mentally ill adults. If I'm meeting a client in the community or at their house I get to puff in my car on the way.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I am an English ESL Teacher in China. Being doing that for 4 years, before that I was in IT Training.

I teach young children aged 4 to 15 in a language training centre in Wuhan.

Status
Not open for further replies.