PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Only have 2, 1 straight and 1 bent, and if they were to go away at any point in wouldn't really bother me. They aren't bad, but they also aren't great IMO.
But if you are the type of person who occasionally likes to really haul on it, they handle the added heat better than a billiard does, nice and hefty walls on some of them.

Reactions: LotusEater
C

carolinasmokes

52 is under 2oz's. I wouldn't write it off for clenching, even if it is a straight.
I only clench, and my limit is under 3oz's for straights, and 4 oz's for certain bent shapes, because bents can have a whole different balancing thing going on. Some bent 3's are too heavy, because of where the bend is, and some 4oz pipes rest just fine from my clench... it is just experience that will help you find your range in bents.

But, the whole under 2oz thing just makes it easier to discuss in a forum, but that's not a hard fast rule. You'll figure all of that out with experience. YMMV
cosmicfolklore thank you very much. Your advice was spot on, these Vauen pots are easy and comfortable to clench. I was surprised how well balanced and lite they feel when clenched. Again, thanks for your input it was greatly appreciated!
puffy

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

johng99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2020
Lake Havasu City
Some say, these are the finest smoking pipes, ever made.
:)

18609611-orig.jpg
I like mine from that make very much.

Reactions: carolinasmokes

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
Never liked the shape but got a few estates. Tried them, seemed to smoke hot for me, off they went.

I found a cased Dunhill Magnum pot from the 30's at an "antique" shop once, that was neat but too much tobacco for one sitting.

Reactions: carolinasmokes